You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where are you watching the final?

Sugar Ape

Sitting home alone with a towel over my head, when it's squeaky bum time. A pot of coffee and some crisps to throw at the tv. The crisps are partially for eating and partially to throw at the tv. Why crisps, because of experience with broken remotes.

I hate sitting with friends or go to the pub when were playing. I can't stand some people not having the same passion for the club as me, and just stand around talking gibberish and thinking they have knowledge of either us or the game.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Shooter in the Motor said:

Has there been any more news on the final being shown free on BT Sport?

On 21/05/2019 at 16:20, Scooby Dudek said:

BT have confirmed they are showing it live for free;

https://sport.bt.com/football/watch-champions-league-and-europa-league-finals-on-bt-sport-in-more-ways-than-ever-before-S11364363270644

Both finals will be available to live stream for free on the BT Sport app for small and largescreen devices, online at BTSport.com (visit btsport.com/final on matchday) and via BT Sport’s YouTube channel, while the games will also be free on Virgin TV.

App viewers will be able to experience the finals in VR360 on a mobile or tablet, either by selecting a specific camera viewpoint or watching a fully produced programme with commentary.

And in a world first, BT Sport subscribers will be able to watch the Champions League final in HD High Dynamic Range (HDR) on the app, ahead of the launch of 4K HDR later this year.

I am going to give UEFA final a trial run on BT Youtube on my TV tonight;

Coverage starts at 1830 for UEFA game and 1800 for our game

16 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

I am going to give UEFA final a trial run on BT Youtube on my TV tonight;

Coverage starts at 1830 for UEFA game and 1800 for our game

Watched that last night and it reminded me of Dave U's piece earlier in the season where he found his dad watching a FIFA game online ( 'posted by some virgin' if I remember rightly ) thinking it was a real game.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Watched that last night and it reminded me of Dave U's piece earlier in the season where he found his dad watching a FIFA game online ( 'posted by some virgin' if I remember rightly ) thinking it was a real game.

I watched last night and whilst it took a time playing with the TV settings, it was very watchable. 

11 minutes ago, sir roger said:

Haha! That's brilliant.

On 24/05/2019 at 22:03, magicrat said:

I’ll be watching it at home fully anaesthetised with several large gin and tonics followed by 4 or 5 Morretis 

I will be spouting utter bollocks on the match thread so apologies in advance 

I’m going to a gin distillery on Sunday for a tour, I’ll either be celebrating or drowning my sorrows with gin!

Now lads I think I know the answer but should I watch on BT YouTube which I’m tempted to do or should I hook up my iPad to the tv with my app on like normal? It’s often a small picture like that but I’m going to have to do it aren’t I, as that’s how I have watched all the other matches!

7 minutes ago, suzy said:

I’m going to a gin distillery on Sunday for a tour, I’ll either be celebrating or drowning my sorrows with gin!

Gin is a great healer 

Got a nice bottle of Liverpool Gin and some fever tree tonics lined up 

On 29/05/2019 at 07:25, Johnlj said:

Sitting home alone with a towel over my head, when it's squeaky bum time. A pot of coffee and some crisps to throw at the tv. The crisps are partially for eating and partially to throw at the tv. Why crisps, because of experience with broken remotes.

I hate sitting with friends or go to the pub when were playing. I can't stand some people not having the same passion for the club as me, and just stand around talking gibberish and thinking they have knowledge of either us or the game.

Broken remotes...Emile Heskey was a remote breaker...fortunately I missed the TV and hit the wall...his miss v Utd at home in dying minutes still haunts me...stumble and ball hits his left foot...cant remember year...ended 2-1 to Utd. 

Im not watching it. I havent missed a European Cup final since 1968 although I must admit, I went out and played on my scooter in the back yard when manchester united scored their first in the 68 final.

Number 1 son is getting married that day and the bride to be was in bits when she found out the game will be played on the same day. Yeah, we can debate the timings and arrangements to watch it etc but I love my son so, on 1 June he and his wedding day comes first.

No doubt other guests will bring phones but I dont want to know the score and will watch a replay if we win. I'll be playing the game in my head though!

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Im not watching it. I havent missed a European Cup final since 1968 although I must admit, I went out and played on my scooter in the back yard when manchester united scored their first in the 68 final.

Number 1 son is getting married that day and the bride to be was in bits when she found out the game will be played on the same day. Yeah, we can debate the timings and arrangements to watch it etc but I love my son so, on 1 June he and his wedding day comes first.

No doubt other guests will bring phones but I dont want to know the score and will watch a replay if we win. I'll be playing the game in my head though!

Have a good day, got to come first!

4 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

Fuck that 

Watched it in Sinnotts in Dublin last year so I shan't be going back.

This year, I'll be watching it in Trinity Bar on Dame Street with with my mate and his uncle who are also big Reds. It's also a supporters bar, I believe.

• Upvote 1