You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where are you watching the final?

Sugar Ape

On 17/05/2019 at 18:41, Colt Seavers said:

I was thinking Headingley but might do city centre myself.

Was thinking of reserving a table at Brotherhood, unless you know anywhere you would recommend?

I know Grove used to be a Liverpool pub as used to run supporters club out of there back in the day.

I stuck my head in the Brotherhood last year, it was fucking awful. Shite beer and full of bellends. Ended up watching it upstairs in Bowers Tap on Lower Briggate. For obvious reasons I'd prefer to go elsewhere this year. Might check The Grove out.

1 hour ago, Redder Lurtz said:

I stuck my head in the Brotherhood last year, it was fucking awful. Shite beer and full of bellends. Ended up watching it upstairs in Bowers Tap on Lower Briggate. For obvious reasons I'd prefer to go elsewhere this year. Might check The Grove out.

Thanks for heads up I'll probably swerve Brotherhood then.

5 hours ago, Redder Lurtz said:

theres no TV in the grove is there?

17 hours ago, Closer To God said:

Oslo.

Lots of beers and The Smashing Pumkins thursday night, staying at my brother's place, more beers friday, then the Norwegian Liverpool supporters club have rented a place that holds 1500 people and the game will be shown on the big screen. More beers. 

So just you and Code then? Cosy 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Booked into the Shankly for it. Wasn’t fussed going into Town after last year, it was a fucking nightmare getting a taxi home. But pre match atmosphere around Central was ace, just everything after was shit. 

The atmosphere was boss in town after it mate. 

26 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

The atmosphere was boss in town after it mate. 

Not for me, very subdued everywhere I went. I was very drunk and on a downer though. Then had to queue up at the taxi rank in Chinatown for about 2.5 hours for a taxi home, Got home about 5:30am and £300 down. Told myself if we get there again, fuck all that shit, get some nice food and watch it in the house. So booked ourselves into The Shankly! 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Not for me, very subdued everywhere I went. I was very drunk and on a downer though. Then had to queue up at the taxi rank in Chinatown for about 2.5 hours for a taxi home, Got home about 5:30am and £300 down. Told myself if we get there again, fuck all that shit, get some nice food and watch it in the house. So booked ourselves into The Shankly! 

It was my mates stag do (Or I would have probably gone home and drowned my sorrows after the game) so we all walked into town from watching it in the Olympia. Went to Woodys first (fuck knows why) and all round Wood St/Seel St etc was bouncing still then we walked to Mathew St and it was booming down there. Any neutral who didn't know the score would have assumed we won. 

Yes getting home was murder. I didn't get in till the Monday. 

BT have confirmed they are showing it live for free;

https://sport.bt.com/football/watch-champions-league-and-europa-league-finals-on-bt-sport-in-more-ways-than-ever-before-S11364363270644

Both finals will be available to live stream for free on the BT Sport app for small and largescreen devices, online at BTSport.com (visit btsport.com/final on matchday) and via BT Sport’s YouTube channel, while the games will also be free on Virgin TV.

App viewers will be able to experience the finals in VR360 on a mobile or tablet, either by selecting a specific camera viewpoint or watching a fully produced programme with commentary.

And in a world first, BT Sport subscribers will be able to watch the Champions League final in HD High Dynamic Range (HDR) on the app, ahead of the launch of 4K HDR later this year.

• Upvote 1

On 17/05/2019 at 18:41, Colt Seavers said:

I was thinking Headingley but might do city centre myself.

Was thinking of reserving a table at Brotherhood, unless you know anywhere you would recommend?

I know Grove used to be a Liverpool pub as used to run supporters club out of there back in the day.

Manor Inn in Pudsey might be alright, but I've heard the landlord's a bit of a cunt. 

• Upvote 1

On 20/05/2019 at 18:52, Bjornebye said:

It was my mates stag do (Or I would have probably gone home and drowned my sorrows after the game) so we all walked into town from watching it in the Olympia. Went to Woodys first (fuck knows why) and all round Wood St/Seel St etc was bouncing still then we walked to Mathew St and it was booming down there. Any neutral who didn't know the score would have assumed we won. 

Yes getting home was murder. I didn't get in till the Monday. 

I watched it in the Belmont last year, with the plan of coming home if we lost or heading into town if we won. By all accounts, I missed a party.

This year it's the Belmont again, but I might head into town afterwards, come what may.

It's going to be a Sunday 7am kick off for me here in Aotearoa.

I'll be watching it on the Sky Fan Pass App on my iPhone. I don't have Sky Sport, as I can't afford it, so I went all out on a $15 monthly subscription to Fan Pass for one device. I may be able to get to my Mum, but the iPhone is too small for her to see. She's 92 and partially blind. We've both been lucky enough in our lives to have been at Anfield for big games, and like me, she's just about a life long supporter. We'll be together, but I doubt she'll see much. However, the sense of the occasion won't be lost on her. She's up with the play and her memories of Shanks, Thompson, Hunt, St John, Smith, Lawrence etc are as vivid now as they were standing on the Anfield Road End through the sixties.

Christ Almighty I'm crying right now, as I type this. Come on you Men in Red. Let's show the world who the greatest team was, is, and always will be.

• Upvote 15

3 hours ago, Red Shift said:

It's going to be a Sunday 7am kick off for me here in Aotearoa.

I'll be watching it on the Sky Fan Pass App on my iPhone. I don't have Sky Sport, as I can't afford it, so I went all out on a $15 monthly subscription to Fan Pass for one device. I may be able to get to my Mum, but the iPhone is too small for her to see. She's 92 and partially blind. We've both been lucky enough in our lives to have been at Anfield for big games, and like me, she's just about a life long supporter. We'll be together, but I doubt she'll see much. However, the sense of the occasion won't be lost on her. She's up with the play and her memories of Shanks, Thompson, Hunt, St John, Smith, Lawrence etc are as vivid now as they were standing on the Anfield Road End through the sixties.

Christ Almighty I'm crying right now, as I type this. Come on you Men in Red. Let's show the world who the greatest team was, is, and always will be.

Maybe you can get it on YouTube on the BT channel, might have to use a VPN. 

7 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I watched it in the Belmont last year, with the plan of coming home if we lost or heading into town if we won. By all accounts, I missed a party.

This year it's the Belmont again, but I might head into town afterwards, come what may.

Ha I go past the Belmont everyday. Whats it like in there???? 

I wouldn't go into town if we lose this one mate. Atmosphere will be very different I expect. 

Sgt Peppers on Mathew St have live music on all day then the game. No tickets etc just said when they are full they are full. Might go up there. 

My plans to go to Madrid have been scuppered so now I have a choice between 2 pubs. Either the pub that was recently in the news for sailors ramming pool balls up each others bum holes or one with a Spurs supporting landlord.