You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Where are you watching the final?

Sugar Ape

I was tempted to go to Madrid and hope for the best for a ticket but that was before we got Spurs. 2 of my mates are going regardless but I can't be doing with an all English final. So I've got the kids organised to stay my mother's and I'm having the lads over to my house. 

Hope you're ok, Jarvinja.

Had some work mates asking me to go out and watch the match in a pub in town.

In the local team im involved with a few want to meet up and watch it in the local.

Ive watched all the matches so far with my son who’s 9 when I mentioned I might go out to watch the final in a couple of weeks with some mates he said he only wants to watch the match with me and got upset I’d be watching it without him.

So I’ll be at home and watching it with him and I’m buzzing for it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Was going to watch in Madrid, had a hotel room booked for nearly a year. I bragged all over facebook about how clever I was showing such foresight but I cant get cover for work so cant go, and not only am i fucking gutted, i look a right bellend.

I shall now be watching it in a pub. There will be plenty of reds in there and probably only a few Spurs but its going to be the neutrals that wind me up.

Thanks for all the messages, I really appreciate them - it's a great boost at a bad time. Not out of the woods yet, with the all clear, but the objective latterly was to get through it and be in a position to be able to enjoy the Final (maybe with a pint). So far so good.

Happy trails and safe returns to all who are going further afield (or to the Brick). YNWA. Come on, you mighty Reds!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 9

Guest Alex_K

Also will be in Madrid. Coincidentally the last time I actually saw us win away in Europe was Yossi at the Bernabeu. Hopefully it's an omen (can't stomach another final loss)

1 hour ago, Tony Moanero said:

I won’t be watching but I really hope we win this for friends, family and everyone on here.

Honest as ever mate. I was considering buying a new telly just for the game, but after I paid my subs on here I was skint. So I will have to make do with my 90” one.

• Upvote 1

Will this be on free TV ? I am sure lasts years was on BT Youtube, but I could be mistaken. 

If I can watch in the house I will, if not I will just go local.

Decided at last minute to watch UEFA final in town and it was a nightmare getting in/served. After the game, unfortunately, it became much easier. 

If I went to a pub at lunch time to get a decent spec I would be home in bed before kick off.

19 hours ago, Jarvinja Ilnow said:

Thanks for all the messages, I really appreciate them - it's a great boost at a bad time. Not out of the woods yet, with the all clear, but the objective latterly was to get through it and be in a position to be able to enjoy the Final (maybe with a pint). So far so good.

Happy trails and safe returns to all who are going further afield (or to the Brick). YNWA. Come on, you mighty Reds!

All the best to you and Razoray.

Hope we bring it home for you.

4 hours ago, Scooby Dudek said:

Will this be on free TV ? I am sure lasts years was on BT Youtube, but I could be mistaken. 

If I can watch in the house I will, if not I will just go local.

Decided at last minute to watch UEFA final in town and it was a nightmare getting in/served. After the game, unfortunately, it became much easier. 

If I went to a pub at lunch time to get a decent spec I would be home in bed before kick off.

Not confirmed yet but looks like it will be free:

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/bt-sport-set-to-make-the-champions-league-final-freetoair-a4137921.html

• Upvote 1

4 of us driving to Madrid, none of us have got tickets, we're just going for the road trip and the atmosphere.

Bit annoyed at UEFA not showing the game on screens in the fan parks mind. The parks are being shut at 6pm and all those without tickets, from both teams, are being told to find a bar/club in the city to watch it.

Can't see any potential for trouble with that plan whatsoever.

8 minutes ago, Jenson said:

4 of us driving to Madrid, none of us have got tickets, we're just going for the road trip and the atmosphere.

Bit annoyed at UEFA not showing the game on screens in the fan parks mind. The parks are being shut at 6pm and all those without tickets, from both teams, are being told to find a bar/club in the city to watch it.

Can't see any potential for trouble with that plan whatsoever.

I reckon they'll show it on big screens but they just don't want to advertise fact to encourage even more people to go over without tickets.

Come the day, my bet is it will be on big screens.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, an tha said:

I reckon they'll show it on big screens but they just don't want to advertise fact to encourage even more people to go over without tickets.

Come the day, my bet is it will be on big screens.

I reckon this is what will happen as well.

On 17/05/2019 at 19:03, ZonkoVille77 said:

I was tempted to go to Madrid and hope for the best for a ticket but that was before we got Spurs. 2 of my mates are going regardless but I can't be doing with an all English final. So I've got the kids organised to stay my mother's and I'm having the lads over to my house. 

Half time game of soggy biscuit ? 

On 17/05/2019 at 22:56, Mark M said:

Had some work mates asking me to go out and watch the match in a pub in town.

In the local team im involved with a few want to meet up and watch it in the local.

Ive watched all the matches so far with my son who’s 9 when I mentioned I might go out to watch the final in a couple of weeks with some mates he said he only wants to watch the match with me and got upset I’d be watching it without him.

So I’ll be at home and watching it with him and I’m buzzing for it. 

Given we've been to PSG, Napoli, Belgrade and Germany, and after a 1-1 draw we got a very nice 1-3 result - that was followed by thrashing Porto and whomever Barca and Leo Messi did try to convince they were going to the final... not being funny, but I can see why your son was confused? 

I'd be too.

Kiev cost me 2 grand last year so I gambled after Bayern and booked a hotel and flight that cost me less than £300

I made the last 3 and the highlights were always being with the fans and me mates before the game.

Even Istanbul, simply because I was too mentally, emotionally and physically drained to enjoy the aftermath. I just wanted a bath and a bed after that.

These occasions are rarely about the game. In fact UEFA have practically ensured that. 

So to summarise, I'm going to Madrid, and in the off-chance a ticket turns up, I've got a spare bed in my hotel room to exchange. 

• Upvote 1