You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Virtues

Dr Nowt

I'd quite like the sister in law to knock me out.

I like how Channel 4 did that 'If you've been affected...' thing at the end too, when no-one has a clue what's going on yet. I'm going to phone up to say that I've been affected by a vague, unfinished, yet potentially sinister storyline.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Mook said:

I'd quite like the sister in law to knock me out.

I like how Channel 4 did that 'If you've been affected...' thing at the end too, when no-one has a clue what's going on yet. I'm going to phone up to say that I've been affected by a vague, unfinished, yet potentially sinister storyline.

You’ve never slept with a short blanket and had to choose between feet or chest being freezing?

La-di-da fucker.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mook said:

Anybody know how many episodes there are? 

I had a quick look but couldn't find anything.

"Youth club tits".

I got a nasty look off the missus for laughing at that.

My quick search came up with 4 episodes. That can’t be right. The next one is the last? No, that’s not good at all.

I have a bit of a girl crush on her too.

I first spotted her in Father Mother Son who no-one apart from me watched

• Upvote 1

Loving it at the minute but I fail to see how they're going to tie everything up in the last episode?

Have to say that scene in the first episode when he wakes up covered in vomit and piss has to be one of the most disgusting things I've seen on TV. Channel 4 should have a had a phone-line dedicated to anyone disturbed about that. 

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

Loving it at the minute but I fail to see how they're going to tie everything up in the last episode?

Have to say that scene in the first episode when he wakes up covered in vomit and piss has to be one of the most disgusting things I've seen on TV. Channel 4 should have a had a phone-line dedicated to anyone disturbed about that. 

Don't think it will be tied up (at least in a realistic sense). Isn't that the point about the whole thing he's dealing with?

1 hour ago, Chris said:

Watched two episodes and I'm not sure I have the will to continue. Damn, it's grim. Goes with the territory I know, but fuckssake.

Some bits are so heart-warming though and also laugh-out-loud funny. The kids at the dinner table in episode 2 and also some bits in episode 3 (which I won't mention if you haven't caught it yet).

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Paul said:

Don't think it will be tied up (at least in a realistic sense). Isn't that the point about the whole thing he's dealing with?

Yeah I see more as brief a journey into his world. All that repressed anguish shows itself now and again but the booze keeps it at bay, most likely for the rest of his life.

Great acting, very understated and human. Wonderfully sympathetic direction which allows and encourages the actors with enough time and space to subtly do their thing.

The whole series was paced wonderfully. Very human, very raw and utterly believable, and the lass who played Dinah was immense.

*shag the erse offay her btw