You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham Hotspur (N) 1/6/19 Champions League Final

Bjornebye

Only really started thinking about this game yesterday, watching loads of post Barcelona stuff and the press conference today.

I don't feel confident as such but just feel totally calm about the game and who we are playing. I assume this will change considerably on Saturday. 

I've been dreading this game for weeks. The fear of losing really scares me, as it will mentally destroy me but the joy of winning would be euphoric.

In the grand scheme of life it means very little to me but on an emotional level it's huge.

Mad how 22 blokes kicking a ball on a field can mean soo much. I hope to god we win because the team and Klopp merit it.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Don't like the way a lot of our fans and the media think that this will be a piece of piss for us.

same here  after seeing some of the spurs interviews they are right up for it 

3 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Don't like the way a lot of our fans and the media think that this will be a piece of piss for us.

True. Luckily, I highly doubt that will filter through to the players. They seem laser focused, I have every faith that they’ll perform 

5 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

It's pure false bravado. Anyone who has watched our recent matches with them knows it will be tight. Our respective league positions mean nothing as it's a one-off game with a 3 week break. 

Like us, they have a very good starting 11 with loads of athletes in midfield, a solid defense, difference-makers up front and they're extremely well managed. It's a tough match-up. 

• Upvote 1

If you’re not going to be up for a CL Final why bother, obviously they are going to be up for it but it’s hard not to be confident after the way we demolished Barca without Salah and Firmino, I know form also goes out the window but they’ve lost 12 games since Boxing Day.

I just think we’ll have too much for them and the pressure of last season in the final could also play a factor, we are a much better side than last season as well, it will be a close game but I’m confident, why wouldn’t we be.... we are a fucking top class side let them worry about us not the other way around.

On 28/05/2019 at 00:08, an tha said:

Personally i think if we win on Saturday not having to go and play in that pointless shite around Christmas is great news

I want to win it then fuck it off. We have two losses to rectify and its a major annoyance along with the Cup Winners Cup,which is now defunct.

• Upvote 1

Team bus is wedged in at the stadium entrance apparently. Team don't fly until tomorrow so they must have been doing a dry run for security. My birds mums mate is one of the team bus drivers. Hope it isn't him whose caused it! 

2 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Team bus is wedged in at the stadium entrance apparently. Team don't fly until tomorrow so they must have been doing a dry run for security. My birds mums mate is one of the team bus drivers. Hope it isn't him whose caused it! 

Is she called Maureen?

3 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Iimage10.jpg

On 28/05/2019 at 20:00, Elite said:

I've been dreading this game for weeks. The fear of losing really scares me, as it will mentally destroy me but the joy of winning would be euphoric.

In the grand scheme of life it means very little to me but on an emotional level it's huge.

Mad how 22 blokes kicking a ball on a field can mean soo much. I hope to god we win because the team and Klopp merit it.

Same, it's going to be so painful if we lose, really doesn't bear thinking about.

22 hours ago, Doctor Troy said:

Did you see the state of some of the comments on here about Ajax? We wouldn’t even have to turn up, apparently. 

Not that it matters anyway with Klopp and this group of players. They’ll be absolutely focused.