You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham Hotspur (N) 1/6/19 Champions League Final

Bjornebye

Just been watching some build up on BT. Still can't get my head round Rio Ferdinand jumping ip and down screaming when Spurs scored in the last minute against Ajax. Spurs, a club he has no affiliation to and I doubt he hates Ajax. I can understand why he celebrated Messi's goal against us cos he is a manc and everyone in the media sucks Messi off. 

By the way, Moussa Sissoko has pretty much unequivocally been their best player this season and will be one of our chief concerns as he can become like superman in big games.

Just wanted to say as this is probably the relevant thread: credit to me for wanting us to sign him from Newcastle back in the day. Would have been immense under Klopp as well. You don't get that kind of foresight very often going against the grain like I did.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

34 minutes ago, Barnesey said:

When was the last time we won a final easily? I can only think of Newcastle in 1974

I suppose you could say Monchengladbach in 77 and Utd in 2003 we were two goals up going into injury time .

Amzing to think Utd in 03 was the last time we won a final in 90 minutes 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

By the way, Moussa Sissoko has pretty much unequivocally been their best player this season and will be one of our chief concerns as he can become like superman in big games.

Just wanted to say as this is probably the relevant thread: credit to me for wanting us to sign him from Newcastle back in the day. Would have been immense under Klopp as well. You don't get that kind of foresight very often going against the grain like I did.

I called Van Dijk when he was at Celtic. Suck my fat one. 

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Just been watching some build up on BT. Still can't get my head round Rio Ferdinand jumping ip and down screaming when Spurs scored in the last minute against Ajax. Spurs, a club he has no affiliation to and I doubt he hates Ajax. I can understand why he celebrated Messi's goal against us cos he is a manc and everyone in the media sucks Messi off. 

Done to provoke a reaction on social media. If you've got a verified twitter/insta account with lots of followers @'s and hashtags can make you good money from products that you promote.

2 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

That's nothing, though.  I wanted Andy Robertson when @The Woolster was just a glint in his father's eye. 

• Upvote 1

I would obviously prefer a sparkling performance with some intricate play and stunning goals but truth is I will take shit-on-a-stick footy if it means we come away with the win. Number 6. Please, just bring it home lads. 

It's going to be very tough it's going to very nervey and it's probably not going to be pleasant as Spurs are a very good side. It's a Champions League Final so it should be.

But the one thing I console myself with is thank fuck it's not City as it really should have been if they hadn't fucked up  .

Now that would have been grim after what's gone on 

14 hours ago, Stickman said:

I suppose you could say Monchengladbach in 77 and Utd in 2003 we were two goals up going into injury time .

Amzing to think Utd in 03 was the last time we won a final in 90 minutes 

The Sunderland FA Cup win was relatively straightforward