You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham Hotspur (N) 1/6/19 Champions League Final

Bjornebye

2 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't even think it would be an upset if Spurs win. When they're fit, their 11 matches ours pretty well.

Totes agree.  I think we hold the edge defensively.  I think they have the edge when it comes to clinical finishing (Kane) and shooting from distance (Eriksen). 

18 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I think the useless Arsenal's defeat has made it much less likely that we'll win. It now feels like a week almost engineered to inflict the maximum amount of pain on Arsenal supporters and end up with a horrible North London bragging rights narrative.

Wish you'd hurry up and drown

• Upvote 3

A lot of the interviews this week have been about being here to win where last year it was more about just being there. Getting to the final was the achievement, winning was a bonus. Maybe subconsciously that was the case and it's only on greater reflection after the event that they realised this.

What I'm getting at is hopefully Spurs feel the same way, if they lose on Saturday they will get nothing but praise for a fantastic achievement in getting to a European Cup final. Losing for us doesn't bear thinking about.

I'm swaying from thinking we will win easy to accepting we will find a way to lose, it's only when I hear Virgil or Milner speak or read an interview with Robbo or Alisson that I realise I'm a soft cunt and these lads aren't accepting anything other than number 6.

I think it's going to be an emotional rollercoaster. I know one thing though, these players have balls the size of grapefruits. The fans need to make Madrid feel like Anfield. They need to give absolutely everything from the opening whistle to the last. Boo Spurs every touch. Even if we're down, we're not out. We have to believe, just like Istanbul.

I keep thinking Son and Moura are lively as fuck. They’ll be a threat. Ericsson dead ball bastard. Will claw hammer kite Kane start. Worrying myself sick. 

What must spurs fans be thinking about us. We have everything to match them and a bit more besides. We are the better team. 

I have never been as nervous as I am about this game. We must not lose. 

• Upvote 1