You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham Hotspur (N) 1/6/19 Champions League Final

Bjornebye

31 minutes ago, Pistonbroke said:

Fuck em, they hate us and I like it that way. When we produce the goods it fucks with their physic. 

It used to wind me up, now i see it as a compliment. 

Totally agree. It was hilarious watching Hoddle coming apart at the seems. 

Its also fucking great being the bad guys stopping the dream they all hoped for. 

• Upvote 1

One thing that doesn't seem to be picked up on is that the match was a shit spectacle because Spurs chose to bypass midfield for most of it. Basic pattern of play was them passing it around the back for a little bit while their midfield and full backs pushed on, then Alderweireld would hoof one up to Kane or out into the channels and try and play from there. They'd try and win it, fail, compete for the second ball and lose that too, but with seven players swarming us we didn't have much opportunity to build from the back ourselves. We didn't much need to either, we were already winning.

Our best bits of play were from going direct ourselves because that's where the space was. Given the way Spurs set up we didn't have much opportunity to play good football.

If you are unable to attend the parade you can also watch it live across LFC’s official Twitter, Facebook and YouTube channels. You can also watch live coverage of the parade on LFCTV – Sky channel 425 and Virgin Media channel 544 – or on LFCTV GO. Coverage will begin at 3.45pm BST.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Ginny said:

As if it couldn’t get any better. Just looked at my betting account and realised i put a £10 on LFC 2-0 and Joshua to get knocked out at 180/1 haha 

Fantastic! I'm a little peed off that SSN's top story is about Joshua! FFS

8 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

My "we're fuckin shite" is now officially at an end. I did it as a mocker. A hopeful jape that would willingly bring in the old God's and new. Like a comfort blanket it gave me reassurance. Like a coat on a frosty morn.

Gone. No longer a suspended electron waiting on a proton to give it a kiss. 

No longer a dried out nun waiting for a moist clamp.

I don't know.

We're fuckin boss.

We're unreal.

We're Liverpool FC. 

This thread has become really hard to masturbate to. 

10 hours ago, Trumo said:

O Campioni !!!!!!

That was never in doubt.

Honestly, we lacked cohesion and struggled for fluency throughout. Going forward we were sub-par but defensively we were very solid again. Maybe it was the sweltering conditions. Maybe it was both sides being cagey and nervy that didn't allow either to play anywhere near their best. Maybe it's the fact they had 3 weeks to prepare for this game with no distractions.

Getting the early penalty probably helped us to settle down and have something to defend. Not sure why Sissoko's arm was up like that even though Mane's attempted pass hit him on the chest first before catching his arm, but the penalty was the correct call. There are new rule changes that come in from today (although not for this game as it still belongs to last season!) but personally I think it might be better if any handball contact in the box results in a penalty. Yes you'll get players playing for it and it will often seem overly harsh, but even with VAR, we've seen penalties awarded when it certainly wasn't a deliberate action. Take the judgement call element out of it. Anyway, Mo slotted the pen away to give us that early lead. Not the best penalty as it was very much at savable height for Lloris.

Spurs had much more of the ball but did little with it, whereas we seemed more dangerous the few times we did see the ball instead of playing it long. Chances were at a premium and I can only really recall Milner dragging a shot wide as a chance of note for us. Salah had efforts blocked or shanked well wide. Mane was blocked off on one follow-up attempt. Bobby never got into the game and looked rustier than anyone not named Harry Kane.

Then Big Div made his cameo. Time and again he failed to pick out his man when we had a chance to counter as Spurs pushed forward in search of an equaliser, yet he was on hand to bury a shot into the far bottom corner when Spurs failed to clear a corner. He was very much a fringe player at the start of the season but has shown that he could be a key squad man for us.

Apart from a 5-10 minute second half spell when Spurs peppered our goal with shots that Alisson dealt with comfortably, they never seemed to be in it. Kane was anonymous. Eriksen couldn't make an impact. Son didn't look like the nuisance he so often is.

Last year and in previous seasons, I've banged on about the players' lack of game management nous. While not wanting us to fully indulge in the dark arts employed by others, I wished we were cuter in taking the sting out of games even if it meant curbing the team's intinct to attack in droves. This year we've seen us do that, and it has seen us go ridiculously close to winning the title against a sovereign state, before we finally lifted the trophy our efforts deserved.

These players have been amazing this season. I was bouncing off the walls in 2005 when we won number 5 but I was ridiculously chilled out for this one, even after the game. That's how this squad needs to become, treating nights like this as something that should be the norm rather than a one-off moment. We are elite, not underdogs.

10 hours ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

10 hours ago, Caramac said:

will post more later

jrA0YGc.gif

10 hours ago, Anubis said:

One of Kane diving in the area in the last few minutes as well, please. Funny as fuck.

9 hours ago, 16613 said:

"You won't get out of the group"

"Easy group anyway"

"You'll never beat Bayern"

"Masterclass at Anfield from Bayern"

"Bayern are shite anyway"

"Barcelona are the best team in the world"

"Barcelona are overrated"

"Klopp bottles finals" 

D8AXGebX4AEUT06.jpg

8 hours ago, ZaWarudo said:

This team lost last years final and they said to themselves fuck that we will win this next year. They just missed out on the league this season so next year will be exciting again.

2 hours ago, Stickman said:

Deep down you just know he'd have loved to have managed us

1 hour ago, RedPaul said:

Such an early first goal can be a dangerous thing, how do you play it when you're 1-0 up so early in the most important game of the season!? Sit back/push on/play your normal game? Psychologically it's a great start yet such a tough position to be in! Defensively I thought we were superb, definitely at our best for me, so this narrative about us not being at our best can do one. That was a classic, incredibly effective, and brilliant European Final performance against a potentially dangerous attacking opponent, and I am so proud of that team ansd how they expertly managed that game, and by team I mean the whole group. Collectively they come across as such a fantastic group of individuals, well-grounded, and just a perfect fit for what this beautiful club stands for. If any group of players ever deserved this moment it is this team. The hard work they have put in this season, the connection they have with the fans, the passion and commitment they have demonstrated throughout, to see and feel that joy at the end of the game will stay with me forever. Six times!!!

Out of rep - someone do the honours

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

He's a class act Son I have to say. I like their manager too who's name I can never spell. All credit to spurs it was a huge achievement to get there and get the results they got against city and Ajax, Sterling's goal that never was a clear highlight of the season. Sounds like the fans got along well too.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

He's a class act Son I have to say. I like their manager too who's name I can never spell. All credit to spurs it was a huge achievement to get there and get the results they got against city and Ajax, Sterling's goal that never was a clear highlight of the season. Sounds like the fans got along well too.

I know people hate us saying "Poch" but I do it because I can't spell it either! I quite like him too.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

You can’t spell Chubby Hamster?

Guest Alex_K

The turning point last night was Pochettino blowing their team up with his mental substitutions. Playing with no midfield and about 5 attackers from 70 min onwards. If Origi hadn't continually been giving the ball away before his glorious salvation, we'd have been out of sight earlier.