You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham Hotspur (N) 1/6/19 Champions League Final

Bjornebye

7 minutes ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

Thank fuck for the early pen, otherwise you would be seriously worried. Hopefully it's tactical and we'll step it up second half.

Of course it's tactical. The worry is keeping the same shape we've had but not getting too sucked into defending for a whole half. 

It's been fine so far, thanks to the pen and Tottenham not playing well either.

But we will have to play better, straight away in the second half... as Spurs will ramp it up and I can see a situation developing like the Anfield game.

We must gain the upper hand sharpish after the break.

And changes are needed on the hour.

Think it's pure nerves and pressure to be honest. Lost the last few finals, just lost out on the title against a side who have a free hit with no pressure. 

Need to just win, however scrappy and it lifts massive pressure in future

I was calm before the game but now I am shitting myself.

We are getting dominated in midfield.

Why? They are playing 5 there against our three and Firminho and Salah are not doing enough running back and helping out in there.

If we keep playing this way we could easily blow this. Tottenham cannot keep being so shite in the final third.

Get your foot on the ball and play some football

Just now, redheart said:

I was calm before the game but now I am shitting myself.

We are getting dominated in midfield.

Why? They are playing 5 there against our three and Firminho and Salah are not doing enough running back and helping out in there.

If we keep playing this way we could easily blow this. Tottenham cannot keep being so shite in the final third.

Get your foot on the ball and play some football

Yep. They dominated the midfield for much of the game at Anfield and should have won in the end, and they’re dominating it here. We’re just giving them everything and it won’t end well if we don’t pick it up.