You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham Hotspur (N) 1/6/19 Champions League Final

Bjornebye

If you exclude the cups where the first team didn’t play we’ve only lost one game all season to English opposition and that was city away.
So why am I shitting myself so much?! This group of players have proved all season that they have got balls the size of space hoppers so it’s an irrational fear to have.
Although I think the 3 week break is definitely a concern. I keep having this recurring nightmare where the team coach arrives at the stadium and Klopp and the players get off dressed as ice cream salesmen wearing them white Armani suits.

• Upvote 1

This makes me feel sick every time i think about it. Tottenham are a really good team and i fancied them to win the competition before it started. But then they got beat like three times in the groups stages or something and i thought I'd looked a bit of a tit. Now they're in the final, against all odds.

However, we are at least the second best team in the world. So....

Guest Alex_K

Weird reconciling how antagonised people were with the ballot system for Istanbul & Athens and Parry's whole "I won't playing the numbers game" shtick to how apathetic people are with the system now. I guess it proves the adage that if you treat people a certain way for long enough, sooner or later they will just get used to it.

I guess the cheapest tickets are going for right now on the second market is 3.5k+. Will be interesting to see nearer the game how far people will go for this match. Competing against a London-based fanbase is probably in this respect more than any other the worst thing about this final.

Hang on.  There's a fucking England game on 5 days before the final???

I hope our players to get 'niggles" and pull out.

Edit - ignore me. It's 5 days after. Completely got my dates mixed up

Still. Fuck Southgate and England

Edited by Special K
I can't read

On 16/05/2019 at 15:51, Alex_K said:

Weird reconciling how antagonised people were with the ballot system for Istanbul & Athens and Parry's whole "I won't playing the numbers game" shtick to how apathetic people are with the system now. I guess it proves the adage that if you treat people a certain way for long enough, sooner or later they will just get used to it.

I guess the cheapest tickets are going for right now on the second market is 3.5k+. Will be interesting to see nearer the game how far people will go for this match. Competing against a London-based fanbase is probably in this respect more than any other the worst thing about this final.

The club are transparent about the breakdown of tickets now though. Parry refused to disclose what the breakdown was, it's a fundamental difference.

What worries me more about this game than the actual difficulty we usually against this mob is the sheer amount of unbelievable breaks Spurs have had during this competition. By rights they should be out of the tournament on 3 occasions and yet here they are, in the fucking final! That's usually a sign that a team is destined to win. 

We're going to have to pull out the performance of our lives to win this one.

32 minutes ago, Baltar said:

What worries me more about this game than the actual difficulty we usually against this mob is the sheer amount of unbelievable breaks Spurs have had during this competition. By rights they should be out of the tournament on 3 occasions and yet here they are, in the fucking final! That's usually a sign that a team is destined to win. 

Didn't work for us in the league though did it. We had plenty of lucky breaks 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Baltar said:

“Destiny” isn’t a real thing mate. 

1 hour ago, viRdjil said:

“Destiny” isn’t a real thing mate. 

It's not cut and dried, for me.  If you had never joined this forum, would you have become a pro-beaner?  Doubtful, I reckon.  So you could say that when you registered your account you were destined to become a pro-beaner.  

• Upvote 2