You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham Hotspur (N) 1/6/19 Champions League Final

Bjornebye

5 hours ago, Aventus said:

Although the one win was our recent 1-0 Vs Napoli to send us through to the knockout stage. 

This ref that @dave u had these kind words for:

Of course, the referee played a big part in the outcome of that tie, and it was the same fuckwit in charge of this one. This was one of the worst displays of refereeing I’ve ever seen. He is completely out of his depth and shouldn’t be officiating at this level. He’s so bad he could referee in the Premier League. The Slovenian Jon Moss.

I still can’t get over how bad he was. I might feel differently if I’d watched it on TV and had the benefit of replays, but at the time I could barely believe some of the things he was doing. Everyone inside Anfield was seething with him. It wasn’t even major decisions - thankfully he never had to make any of those - but it was just continually bad calls on free-kicks. 

It was infuriating and I was convinced if he got even the slightest opportunity to give them a pen then we’d be in trouble. Fortunately that never happened, but he has cost us Virgil for the next game. That might actually be the one call he got right. I say 'might' because I don't know anymore.

To me that's a great tackle, but he did catch him on the follow through. The laws seem to have changed on this to the extent that I don’t actually know if there was anything wrong with it. Sean Dyche would have loved it, but presumably Jurgen agrees with the ref on this. Or is tackling like that only frowned upon when the pitch is wet and it’s our players on the receiving end? 

Bottom line is I don’t know if that’s a foul or not, but what I do know is the ref saw it and played on for two or three seconds after. He only blew the whistle when he saw Mertens rolling around. Now if that is a foul and a yellow card offence (some, including Ancelotti felt it was actually worthy of a red) then surely the ref blows his whistle immediately and takes action? He doesn’t let it go for a few seconds and then change his mind.

He’s a fucking bum and shouldn’t be allowed anywhere near our games ever again.

• Upvote 1

I don't even remember writing that, my memory is shot to pieces. I can usually remember the last report I wrote and that's it.

Someone said to me the other day how much they enjoyed the Newcastle report and I literally could not remember a single thing I'd written in it.

As for the above, it's pretty alarming if a ref as bad as that has been awarded the final. Harry Kane will be diving all over the fucking place.

16 minutes ago, dave u said:

I don't even remember writing that, my memory is shot to pieces. I can usually remember the last report I wrote and that's it.

Someone said to me the other day how much they enjoyed the Newcastle report and I literally could not remember a single thing I'd written in it.

As for the above, it's pretty alarming if a ref as bad as that has been awarded the final. Harry Kane will be diving all over the fucking place.

I only remembered the report because I remembered how much of a fucking cunt that ref was. 

Not happy about this at all 

9 hours ago, dave u said:

I reckon it's because you were pissed when you wrote them. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, dave u said:

Dave Usher in shock admission that he doesn't have a clue what he's writing.

Just looking Ramadan is on throughout May to June . I do know there are extensive periods of fasting are there exemptions for athletes ?  I would presume not for practicing Muslims . Wonder how the affected players will keep their fitness and energy levels up to the 1st June. Absolutely selfish thoughts on my part however it cannot be ideal physical preparation for a football match. 

11 minutes ago, clockspeed said:

Just looking Ramadan is on throughout May to June . I do know there are extensive periods of fasting are there exemptions for athletes ?  I would presume not for practicing Muslims . Wonder how the affected players will keep their fitness and energy levels up to the 1st June. Absolutely selfish thoughts on my part however it cannot be ideal physical preparation for a football match. 

I think there's an exemption if I remember correctly from last season. One of the top dogs said they can start Ramadan later, because they are classed as travelling which is one of the reasons Muslims are allowed to swerve it. 

9 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Ta.

never heard of John Cena, and nothing against Jude Law, but littlejohn more than makes up for that.

Littlejohn was the reason I was banned from the Daily Mail website when we used to play on there as part of the GF game.

Just because I suggested that his constant need to shoe horn something criticising gays into everything he wrote was probably compensating for some latent homosexual tendencies that he was unable to deal with. 

• Upvote 5

43 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

Ta.

never heard of John Cena, and nothing against Jude Law, but littlejohn more than makes up for that.

I don't think it's too much to suggest that Littlejohn needs to be dumped in a damp oubliette along with Mackenzie and Hatey Cockpins.

45 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

I don't think it's too much to suggest that Littlejohn needs to be dumped in a damp oubliette along with Mackenzie and Hatey Cockpins.

Haven't heard much from her since she apparently went bankrupt. We should have a thread for her so when it gets bumped we know she has croaked it.