You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Winners

I'm going to get slated for this, but I'll ask the question anyway.

Thinking about how unlucky we've been this season has made me think.

We seem to be jinxed when it comes to the title, and I hate seeing fantastic players not win the titles they deserve, i.e. Gerrard!

So would it be better for our better players to move on if they get the chance to go somewhere they are all but guaranteed title wins? (I'm not talking about City, somewhere abroad)

I saw Fowler miss out, I saw Sami miss out, I saw Gerrard decide to stay when he could have gone and miss out, and a small part of them (Gerrard especially) must really regret that!

I'd love them to do it here, but if this season doesn't show there's a fucking hex on us then nothing will!

I await the brickbats and negs, but this has been bugging the fuck out of me for ages!

• Downvote 18

Should a group of excellent young players, who have missed out on winning the League by a point - and might be about to take the European Cup as a "consolation" - throw their toys out of the pram and go somewhere else where winning is easier?

Yes, definitely. 

Guest Alex_K

By far and away the most dedicated troll on the internet. You must have dedicated 15+ years by now to this online persona. Remarkable.

I just hate the idea of great players missing out, it just doesn't sit right! Stevie is the stand out example here. If he'd gone to Chelsea after Istanbul he'd have had at least two PL titles to his name, but instead of that you've got cunts like Wes Morgan and Phil fucking Jones with more PL titles than one of the greatest players to grace a football pitch!

All credit to him for staying and fighting, practically dragging us in to contention, and how fucking cruel for him to be responsible for that slip!

• Downvote 5

Just now, Creator Supreme said:

No, it's a football forum, I had a question buzzing around my head, I asked it!

Why you're negging my comments about Noel Gallagher I'll never know!

Because you're a manc fucking arsehole, that's why.  Even if you're not, you should show more respect to the good people of this forum who helped you through a dark spell.  Just piss off with this shit and your constant goading of people on the football forum.  Fuck fucking off. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Tonight of all nights. You would almost think he waited for it. Surely not.

I'm watching Match of the Day, I've just seen us miss out on the title by a point despite losing a single game all season, none of our better players (and I use the term better with great care) have won one of the big league titles (yet) and it's made me think that's all, hence I asked the question. I just worry we won't have another season we're we do as well as this one. We've played out of our fucking skins and it wasn't enough!

3 minutes ago, TK421 said:

Because you're a manc fucking arsehole, that's why.  Even if you're not, you should show more respect to the good people of this forum who helped you through a dark spell.  Just piss off with this shit and your constant goading of people on the football forum.  Fuck fucking off. 

I'm not goading people, I'm asking a question about footballers on a football forum. If we beat City to the title next season, and let's face it, it will be them we have to beat, I'll be overjoyed to see those brilliant lads win a title with us because fuck me they'll have deserved it.

I just hope next season for us is like 93/94 was for the red mancs, my concern is if we have a hangover like we did after Rafa got us to second, and 13/14 because we were shite in those following seasons and it took another 5 years to have another shot. That could be too long for some of these lads!

To be honest, at a certain point if Mane, Salah, etc... are approaching 30 and haven't won anything, I don't mind if they start looking for another opportunity somewhere else during a summer. But, if they stay and don't win anything, there's no reason to feel bad. That's their choice. 

By the way, there's no "hex" on us. In the past 20 years we've seriously contended for the title 4 or 5 times max. That's nowhere near enough failure to want to believe there's some sort of divine intervention preventing us from winning. 

8 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

To be honest, at a certain point if Mane, Salah, etc... are approaching 30 and haven't won anything, I don't mind if they start looking for another opportunity somewhere else during a summer. But, if they stay and don't win anything, there's no reason to feel bad. That's their choice. 

By the way, there's no "hex" on us. In the past 20 years we've seriously contended for the title 4 or 5 times max. That's nowhere near enough failure to want to believe there's some sort of divine intervention preventing us from winning. 

I get what you're saying about the lack of consistency in challenges but fuck me when we're close it's painful how we have it snatched away.