You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Featured: That was the week that was (May 4-10 2019)

tlw content

theweekthatwas.jpg

Saturday May 4:

Newcastle 2 L 3 Bloody hell, it’s a good job there’s only one more week of this as I can’t handle it. The roller coaster of emotions just leaves you shattered. I started this game confidently, thinking we’d smash them. We went one up and I thought “yep, that’ll open the floodgates”. Then we conceded and I knew it was going to be one of those wild ones. 

You can tell, can’t you? There’s just something about how the game starts to go where you know it’s one of those Palace 3-3 or Norwich 5-4 type games. This one didn’t quite turn out like that but it could have done as chances came at both ends. When it went to 2-2 and Mo got carried off, I won’t lie to you, I was utterly despondent. At that moment I’d given up. The brave run coming an end here of all places, against these fucking deluded, annoying fucking morons? Honestly, I felt like crying.

And then up pops Big Div again to save the day. Ultimately it’s almost certainly not going to count for anything, but if City win it then let them win it, don’t give any of these other fucking dickheads the opportunity to gloat over ending our title hopes. Let’s just win our games and fuck everybody else and what they think. 

I love these lads, they’ve done us proud and it breaks my heart that they’re going to end the season with nothing. I feel worse for them than I do for myself (and I feel pretty fucking bad for myself!). They shouldn’t have to face that disappointment after everything they’ve given us this year, it’s completely unjust. Football is an absolute twat, just a proper cruel bastard.

Meanwhile, shots fired by some tool at the Guinea FA. "The adductors [injury] is two to three weeks of unavailability. The Liverpool coach has to pull himself together, let the doctors do their job. Naby Keita belongs to a state before belonging to Liverpool. I remind the Liverpool coach a little bit of the rules if he does not know it. So it's hasty and pretentious to make statements like this. What we do know is that Naby Keita will play at the African Cup of Nations 2019."

Belongs to a state before he belongs to Liverpool. Err no, he doesn’t ‘being’ to anybody but we pay his wages so that gives us more say than you, soft lad. If it was a 2-3 week injury then Naby would still have a chance of being fit for the final, should we get there, but no-one has mentioned that so clearly it’s a long term thing. International football needs to fuck off. Bet they call him up and make him play injured.

Sunday May 5:

Mad how the top four race turned out. Spurs did all they could to blow it but Arsenal somehow managed to out-Spurs them, while United have just remained in their sixth placed comfort zone all season. They couldn’t even beat Huddersfield. What a bunch of useless lazy overpaid bastards. Great isn’t it?

Meanwhile, not good news on Mo. He’s almost certainly out for Barca because of the concussion rules that don’t allow you to play for seven days (I think it’s seven, not sure). Why does this shit keep happening to us at the worst possible times? Mo is never injured but he goes off against Madrid in the final and now he’s ruled out of a semi against Barca. Not to mention Bobby has also been ruled out. When does he ever get injured? Never, that’s when.

I mean fucking hell, I’ve ran my mouth about what we’d do and had to wait two years for us to get this chance to play Barca, and when it comes around we lose Bobby for both games and Mo for the second leg. With a full team I maintain what I’ve always said - we’d take them apart as they just wouldn’t be able to cope with our speed and intensity. It wasn’t a full team last week and it will be even less of one tomorrow. We just can’t catch a break in these big games. There’s always something. That said, I still give us a 20% chance because it’s Anfield and because our style is like Kryptonite to Barca. Can’t see them not scoring though, that’s the problem.

Klopp and his players have been as close to perfection this season as it’s humanly possible to be and it almost certainly still isn’t going to be enough to win something. Not unless Leicester can do something for us tomorrow.

This is just a teaser, click to view full article

Please note that 'the Week that Was' is only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• dave u pinned this topic

Fuck the Guinea FA these are the same cunts he was playing for when he got injured and a fellow teammate had to carry him off the pitch.

I don't like international football in general but I really hate the African Cup of Nations

On 12/05/2019 at 14:02, Mikhail said:

Fuck the Guinea FA these are the same cunts he was playing for when he got injured and a fellow teammate had to carry him off the pitch.

I don't like international football in general but I really hate the African Cup of Nations

I'd forgotten about that.

• dave u unpinned this topic