You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

CBD Oil any advice

Thoth

My wife has spinal degenerative disease and has for quite a few years found herself unable to do most day to day tasks, I saw a video that said vaping CBD oil could help hugely on those bad days.

has anyone ever used these oils and did they work? She doesn’t want to be on medication like Tramadol all her life so we are willing to try anything.

thanks

• Upvote 2

I know a few people who take it for arthritis, back problems and fibromyalgia. 

One of them said that the 2%ish CBD content stuff you can get in Holland & Barratt etc isn't much cop and you're better paying more for the 5% CBD stuff as it's more effective. 

Also, be aware of the no grapefruit juice warning, if your missus has any prescription medication with this warning on. Apparently, CBD oil can have the same effect on prescription drugs as grapefruit juice can, increasing the potency of the prescription meds. However, this isn't always stated on the CBD oil literature/leaflets, apparently. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info, She wants to come off the prescription drugs completely while trying the CBD oil to see if it works, reading online it seems to be really effective for back problems 

3 hours ago, Thoth said:

Thanks for the info, She wants to come off the prescription drugs completely while trying the CBD oil to see if it works, reading online it seems to be really effective for back problems 

I was on tramadol every day for months last year for an herniated disc and a bulging disc, so understand the types of issues she's having as I still suffer. Does she keep active and stretch? As that's what's helped me the most though her symptoms sound more severe than mine.

3 minutes ago, Elite said:

I was on tramadol every day for months last year for an herniated disc and a bulging disc, so understand the types of issues she's having as I still suffer. Does she keep active and stretch? As that's what's helped me the most though her symptoms sound more severe than mine.

Yeah she has a wonder core trainer and one of those vibrating plates to help circulation and muscle strength, Tramadol and Targinact she is on and it turns her into a zombie. Even if it just replaces some of the medication for now I would be happy.

On 17/09/2018 at 16:09, Thoth said:

I had the same issue with codiene with my slipped disc, Dr put me on a tablet called Targinact which is an oxycodone based tablet but with another ingredient in to stop you getting nausea, constipation etc. Been on 2 a day for about 6 months now and never felt better.. never had an issue with my stomach since.

On 17/09/2018 at 19:11, Thoth said:

My missus is using the CBD oil, couple of drops under her tongue for her fibromyalgia and says it works wonders 

On 17/09/2018 at 22:11, Thoth said:

I am ok on Tramadol and Targinact but not them, citaropralam were ok when I was on them 

On 17/09/2018 at 22:21, Thoth said:

They made me feel like a zombie, with a hangover. Like I say these Targinact are fantastic, pain gone and no drowsiness or nausea

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Thoth said:

No mmm about it Capt, we are both on them for back problems, she wants to get off them and try something new

You've said there that she’s already using the CBD oil drops under her tongue mate. I’ve never tried it but surely that’s more effective than vaping it? Especially if you’re buying the vape juice from somewhere that it’s been diluted. 

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

You've said there that she’s already using the CBD oil drops under her tongue mate. I’ve never tried it but surely that’s more effective than vaping it? Especially if you’re buying the vape juice from somewhere that it’s been diluted. 

We read that it gets into the blood stream much more through vaping, not sure if that’s right or not, hence the question. The tongue ones don’t seem to work for a long period so thought we could try another route, you can buy 250mg oil online which seems a lot stronger than the drops.

37 minutes ago, Istvan Kosma said:

Well I wouldn't be so sure on that Vlad, some evidence suggests that those with COPD are helped by using CBD vapes and in the study below it helped mice with lung injuries

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25356537

It could also help those with chronic Bronchitis, esp when used with certain terpenes

Though obviously with an oil the fat can be deposited on your lungs so it is important to see how the oil has been made in the 1st place 

I agree that the oil seems to be nectar in terms using Marijuana to treat chronic pain in many different illnesses but I'd have a few concerns about the delivery system,ie smoking it,personally. Is there no way of adding it to food or drink,as cloggy intimated?

11 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

I agree that the oil seems to be nectar in terms using Marijuana to treat chronic pain in many different illnesses but I'd have a few concerns about the delivery system,ie smoking it,personally. Is there no way of adding it to food or drink,as cloggy intimated?

There are various routes to consider, like Cloggy says but for absorption the best route is by vape, my missus doesn’t smoke so she won’t be chugging away at the vape just occasionally when the pain starts to increase 

Thanks to Captain Turdseye and Rotpeler (spelling) I have had some great advice and have ordered some stuff online which is due tomorrow, I will let you know how she gets on with it.

fingers crossed (that’s one of her symptoms!!)

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Istvan Kosma said:

When I failed a test they only tested for THC with regard to cannabis, but even that is wrong as they can only test for metabolite THC-COOH which can remain in the system for quite some time where as THC actually leaves your body after a few hours

Not worth the risk then, unless it's from a very reputable source 

14 minutes ago, Elite said:

Not worth the risk then, unless it's from a very reputable source 

You can get all the benefits of CBD w/o the THC, from Hemp extract - Hemp is the same family of plant, but ultra low levels of THC.

You must use Hemp extract - not Hemp Oil from seed. There’s no CBD in the seed.

• Upvote 1

37 minutes ago, Elite said:

I'm sure they do but this stuff isn't cheap, especially if you're using it often.

Yeah, the stuff I saw the other day wasn't cheap like. 

Weed is extremely easy to grow of course but it does have the side effect of getting you stoned. Some people quite like that though so I've heard. 

• Upvote 1