You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Top 10 films you haven't seen

Remmie

9 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Gone With the Wind

The Wizard of Oz

Annie Hall

The Graduate

Modern Times (or any Chaplin film)

The Bridge on the River Kwai

Network

Once Upon A Time in the West

Barton Fink

M

M is one of those films I'd love to see, but it never seems to be on TV, and I'm not buying DVD / Blu-rays any more.

As Tony said, Barton Fink is indeed ace.

1 minute ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

M is one of those films I'd love to see, but it never seems to be on TV, and I'm not buying DVD / Blu-rays any more.

As Tony said, Barton Fink is indeed ace.

Some of the lower-profile movie channels will occasionally have an ancient classic.  I've seen Nosferatu and The General that way.  Hopefully, M will come around.

Just now, AngryofTuebrook said:

Some of the lower-profile movie channels will occasionally have an ancient classic.  I've seen Nosferatu and The General that way.  Hopefully, M will come around.

Yeah, there are a couple of freeview channels that show some cracking noir films, so here's hoping. I recorded The Killing a couple of weeks ago; another classic I've bizarrely never seen.

10 hours ago, SasaS said:

Schindler's List
Sound of Music

West Side Story

The Great Escape

Limelight

The King's Speech

The Artist

Driving Miss Daisy

12 Years A Slave

Mulholland Drive

Of those The Artist is my favourite. I blow hot and cold with Mulholland Drive. Sound of Music is excellent but while the music in West Side Story is great the film itself has dated poorly.

I haven’t seen Driving Miss Daisy. I tried to watch it in my hotel room but the remote control was confusing.

If you mean my list, I beg to differ. Or at least I would like to, but the problem is, I have not seen the films.

Quite a few Oscar winners though.

And yes, looking at other posts, Schindler's List seems to be on quite a few people's lists, which is only appropriate.

2 minutes ago, SasaS said:

I think if you have not seen the Godfathers, surprisingly on 4 or 5 lists, Forrest Gump and Goodfellas can probably wait.

Oh, yeah, Godfathers too. Although, I think they're all in the same ball park. Godfather is excellent. I'm one of those weird cunts that actually likes all three. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

Oh, yeah, Godfathers too. Although, I think they're all in the same ball park. Godfather is excellent. I'm one of those weird cunts that actually likes all three. 

Yeah I really like the third one as well. Admittedly not quite as much as the other 2, but still very good. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Raging Bull

Rebel Without a Cause 

Cassablanca

Apocalypse Now 

Platoon 

Silence of the Lambs 

Any Clint Eastwood Spaghetti western

It's a wonderful life 

Singing in the Rain 

One flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 

You should watch Platoon. Highly quotable. Politics, man, politics.

Platoon

Gladiator

Raging Bull

Exorcist

Deer Hunter

Taxi Driver

8 12

If

I'll probably get round to watching some of these (not Gladiator though - tried three times now and I just lose interest about half way through).