You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Midlands

Bjornebye

Dear god I forgot how fucking depressing this place is. On the train on my way to Coventry and just pulling in to Wolverhampton station. Grim as fuck. You cant have tell the difference in how people ook the closer you get to the Midlands as well. Place needs nuking. Actually it looks like it was a while ago. 

1 minute ago, Remmie said:

Oh look at lord of the Manor going round sneering at other towns because they don't meet sir's high standards. 

I for one am OUTRAGED. 

This country. 

Around the roundabout the rabid rascal ran 

• Upvote 1

In the early to mid 90’s my parents lived and worked in Coventry, I got good work down there so spent most of my time there for a few years. Where they lived was nice Whitley Village, other areas like any other City were shitholes. Barely a boozer in the city centre, people with no sense of humour. Coincided with the time Coventry always beat us too.

51 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

In the early to mid 90’s my parents lived and worked in Coventry, I got good work down there so spent most of my time there for a few years. Where they lived was nice Whitley Village, other areas like any other City were shitholes. Barely a boozer in the city centre, people with no sense of humour. Coincided with the time Coventry always beat us too.

Client I've just met was a nice enough fella but arguably the plainest, most boring person you could wish to meet. Faces like smacked arses all over the place. 

Just now, Bjornebye said:

Client I've just met was a nice enough fella but arguably the plainest, most boring person you could wish to meet. Faces like smacked arses all over the place. 

I stayed very local when I was there, my mum and dad worked in a Halfway House for ex prisoners, but the area was nice. The people were strange.

1 hour ago, El Diego said:

Birmingham town centre is fucking grim too. The train station is sound though, just don’t venture outside.

The train station has improved to be fair! Used to love the pub The Bridge inside it years ago. Its gone now. 

4 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Dear god I forgot how fucking depressing this place is. On the train on my way to Coventry and just pulling in to Wolverhampton station. Grim as fuck. You cant have tell the difference in how people ook the closer you get to the Midlands as well. Place needs nuking. Actually it looks like it was a while ago. 

Coventry is the most depressing place in the universe. I used to have to spend time there in my old job, total fucking mood hoover of a place. 

3 minutes ago, Rico1304 said:

Coventry is the most depressing place in the universe. I used to have to spend time there in my old job, total fucking mood hoover of a place. 

The walk then from the council building to the station was as low as I've felt when walking from a council building to a train station which considering one of our clients in Tower Hamlets that says it all. Its like the set from This is England 84. In-fact wasnt it set somewhere around there anyway? I meant to get there by train this morning not by fucking Tardis 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Drank in a pub in Cov called the Mysterious Monk, full of wannabe wankers.

A lovely pub called the Royal Oak was opposite my parents flat.

Ate there three nights a week, nice place inhabited on the whole by people with the designated amount of digits.

Coughlans Law - "Never drink in a pub that Terry Nutkins would drink in" 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Trumo said:

You haven't even got to the East Midlands yet! A total barm free zone.

East Midlands worse than the West Midlands for me. Not as bleak but no Black Country charm. Total little England, Tory heartland prim and proper shite. Bland as fuck, no real accent or culture, and when you get through the cunting place you end up in Yorkshire.

• Upvote 1