You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) Premier League 12/5/2019

Bjornebye

I've not even thought about this much now cause the prospect of City dropping points to brighton is just too far fetched. 

The champions League has become a great distraction.  We don't deserve to end this season empty handed and what a prize that will be. 

• Upvote 1

Dream scenario for me is that we beat Wolves comfortably, with City battering Brighton but can't get the ball in the net. They finally go one up in the second half, but with seconds remaining Kompany makes a massive mistake that leads to a goal, or scores an own goal, and they don't have time to hit back. Make it happen.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Dream scenario for me is that we beat Wolves comfortably, with City battering Brighton but can't get the ball in the net. They finally go one up in the second half, but with seconds remaining Kompany makes a massive mistake that leads to a goal, or scores an own goal, and they don't have time to hit back. Make it happen.

How about Murray scores a hat-trick in the 1st half and City go in at the break 5 down with 9 men . Meanwhile  its 4-0  at Anfield .  No anxieties just 45 minutes of savouring the moment to enjoy.

• Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Best scenario for me is Hughton quitting before the game due to some dispute with the board, and Brighton appointing King Kenny. Quick Boys allow Dirk Kuyt to cancel his contract. The free agent rules are somehow circumvented, and Dirk signs for Brighton on a one game contract. Brighton go three nil down early and it remains that way until the 85 minute when Dirk pops up with a booming header from a corner. Martin Tyler, who has spent the previous 84 minutes dribbling pre cum down his leg, laughs it off as a consolation goal for plucky Brighton. 93rd minute Dirk rifles one in from 25 yards. At which point Martin starts choking in the commentary box. Barely able to get a word out he watches as Brighton pepper City's box with hopeful crosses. Finally in the six, and final, minute of injury time (due mainly to the delay after Glenn Murray head-butted Guardiola mid way through the second half), Dirk performs a Ronaldinho-esque self set up bicycle kick which smashes against the crossbar and crosses the line by 0.0000001m. The final whistle blows and Kenny beams his great smile at the diminutive Catalan, shaking his hand, and telling him "all the best next season, you 100 carrot cunt".

• Upvote 6

49 minutes ago, magicrat said:

How about Murray scores a hat-trick in the 1st half and City go in at the break 5 down with 9 men . Meanwhile  its 4-0  at Anfield .  No anxieties just 45 minutes of savouring the moment to enjoy.

I think my dream scenario at least has a 10% chance of actually happening, but I'd also take yours if it was on offer.

46 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Best scenario for me is Hughton quitting before the game due to some dispute with the board, and Brighton appointing King Kenny. Quick Boys allow Dirk Kuyt to cancel his contract. The free agent rules are somehow circumvented, and Dirk signs for Brighton on a one game contract. Brighton go three nil down early and it remains that way until the 85 minute when Dirk pops up with a booming header from a corner. Martin Tyler, who has spent the previous 84 minutes dribbling pre cum down his leg, laughs it off as a consolation goal for plucky Brighton. 93rd minute Dirk rifles one in from 25 yards. At which point Martin starts choking in the commentary box. Barely able to get a word out he watches as Brighton pepper City's box with hopeful crosses. Finally in the six, and final, minute of injury time (due mainly to the delay after Glenn Murray head-butted Guardiola mid way through the second half), Dirk performs a Ronaldinho-esque self set up bicycle kick which smashes against the crossbar and crosses the line by 0.0000001m. The final whistle blows and Kenny beams his great smile at the diminutive Catalan, shaking his hand, and telling him "all the best next season, you 100 carrot cunt".

Bollocks to my dream scenario, this needs to happen.

34 minutes ago, suzy said:

Apparently they’ll be a play off for the title if we win 4-0 and city draw 4-4!

I fucking hope not because we'd be on 97 points and they would be on 96, in that scenario. 

If we draw 0-0 and they lose by 4 clear goals, we would both be on 95 points. We would all be able to fly and the mersey would turn into lager. Every day would be xmas day and Martin Tyler wouldn't be a twat. But I think that in that case there would be a play off and Messi would be ref.  Robertson would be sent off in the first 10. The play off would be in Abu Dhabi on the 31st May. Our ticket allowance a measly 2035 and flights from £7000.

I cannot see it happening but I would like to see them lose the title to us in the way they won it the first time in the dying seconds when they were challenging the other mancs.

I'll actually take any scenario that ends up with us winning it, however unlikely that might be. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 16613 said:

I cannot see it happening but I would like to see them lose the title to us in the way they won it the first time in the dying seconds when they were challenging the other mancs.

I'll actually take any scenario that ends up with us winning it, however unlikely that might be. 

Aguero equalising for Brighton with an OG with the last kick  of the game, with Tyler screaming 'Agueroooooo.......Oh, nooooooooo!' before topping himself on live tv.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, 16613 said:

I fucking hope not because we'd be on 97 points and they would be on 96, in that scenario. 

If we draw 0-0 and they lose by 4 clear goals, we would both be on 95 points. We would all be able to fly and the mersey would turn into lager. Every day would be xmas day and Martin Tyler wouldn't be a twat. But I think that in that case there would be a play off and Messi would be ref.  Robertson would be sent off in the first 10. The play off would be in Abu Dhabi on the 31st May. Our ticket allowance a measly 2035 and flights from £7000.

Haha I knew I’d get it wrong, I’m sure that’s what sky said but my memory is shocking sometimes! I couldn’t be bothered to check it either. Interestingly I’ve had sky on in the background for the last hour or so and I  haven’t heard it repeated!

Shitty just have one of those bastard games.,trying way too hard, can't get going and nothing happening, Brighton keeper playing out of his fucking skin. Fans loving it. 94 mins - peep and the ref blows. Pep runs down the tunnel sharting himself. Game over my G. Sorry. Liverpool did it. No it's not a mushroom trip. 

4 hours ago, Iceman said:

Shitty just have one of those bastard games.,trying way too hard, can't get going and nothing happening, Brighton keeper playing out of his fucking skin. Fans loving it. 94 mins - peep and the ref blows. Pep runs down the tunnel sharting himself. Game over my G. Sorry. Liverpool did it. No it's not a mushroom trip. 

Hopefully then they sack him for being a fraud and they get Mourinho next season.