Quantcast
Wolves (H) Premier League 12/5/2019 - Page 23 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Bjornebye

Wolves (H) Premier League 12/5/2019

Guardiola is like the kid who never had to glue and repaint his Subbuteo players.

He just go a new team, never had to paint a stripe down Liverpool to make Ajax either.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 3 Stacks said:

Nah. The Champions League is the holy grail. 

Definitely not. I reckon if you asked every English CL team's supporters at the start of the season what they'd rather win, the answer would be overwhelmingly the league. 

Nah. The Champions League is the holy grail. 

It’s the one the City owners want. No doubt they’ll throw another couple of hundred million at it in the summer.

2 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

I honestly doubt that. I think every team's support realises that the league is the big one. 

The European Cup/Champions League is the most prestigious competition in club football. 

Just now, DimReaper said:

Definitely not. I reckon if you asked every English CL team's supporters at the start of the season what they'd rather win, the answer would be overwhelmingly the league. 

I mean, it's a matter of opinion but Champions of Europe>Champions of England. It's just a bigger achievement. 

• Upvote 1

All these FFP, cheat etc shouts mean nothing unless they're charged instead of investigated. It just sounds like sour grapes until that point. 

I thought I'd insulated myself against this weekend but I'm devastated. 

• Upvote 2

It was always going to be a difficult ask. 

But, you've got to hope that both the disappointment and the great support even after it was gone will hope drive the team on to do everything they can to win in Madrid. 

I'd have loved the league. But, a Champions League win will do very nicely too. 

I mean, it's a matter of opinion but Champions of Europe>Champions of England. It's just a bigger achievement. 

Exactly, so there's no point going on about it anymore but I disagree. It's a cup competition at the end of the day. 

No. 6 will take all the disappointment today and make it seem trivial. I just hope we can do it, it's shitty being runners-up for the last 10 years.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

Exactly, so there's no point going on about it anymore but I disagree. It's a cup competition at the end of the day. 

It is, but that’s a cultural thing. Winning the league but failing in the CL for a couple of seasons will get you sacked at Real Madrid or Barcelona. I want the league but I think most elite players nowadays see the CL as the absolute pinnacle.

1 minute ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Pep see’s a problem and by subtle coaching nuances or sometimes good scouting and shrewed business savvy he solves it. You cannot knock it. 

Fuck him the egg headed condescending twat

• Upvote 4

Just need to make sure we build on this and not fuck up the summer like we did under Ged,Rafa and Brendan after finishing 2nd. Couldn't be prouder of the effort putforward this year

3 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

They lost 4 games, we lost 1, I’m really struggling with this

About time we as a club realised a draw is almost as bad as a defeat, it's cost us on numerous occasions now.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

They lost 4 games, we lost 1, I’m really struggling with this

We’ve the best defensive record in the league. Have the two players as golden boot winners and have not lost at Anfield in the league for 2 seasons now. Crazy. 

1 minute ago, Lee909 said:

Just need to make sure we build on this and not fuck up the summer like we did under Ged,Rafa and Brendan after finishing 2nd. Couldn't be prouder of the effort putforward this year

I've got no doubt we'll be in the mix again next season. And I'm usually pretty pessimistic.