You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) Premier League 12/5/2019

Bjornebye

6 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

TBF since it was an away game you could hear their fans a little

The Wolves fans? Mics must have been near them. We sang all game. All parts of the ground. Couldn't hear the Wolves fans.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Seasons said:

Just got back from town and I'm still fucking trembling from the atmosphere.

I cannot be happier, more proud and fucking energised by this team, the club and what they've done to every fan this season. It's been nothing short of excellence. It's easy to dismiss this if you focus on the trophies but we've hit 97 points. We've also lost just once all season, retained being unbeaten at Anfield, won the golden glove and boot (the latter with two of our players), hit the CL final after twatting PSG, Napoli, Bayern and fucking Barcelona and we've pushed a team who has two fucking XI's all the way until the final day. I mean, just look at City's bench today any one of those players could walk into any PL squad.

A fucking wonderful season, a brilliant squad and perfect harmony between fans and club. It's the start of something special. 100points the new benchmark, so fucking be it. We'll be just as relentless next season and by fucking god, you can't stop us forever. It's coming.

YNWA to all the lads and lasses on here. Fucking brilliant and now time to twat Spurs.

Get it set up Stig you beautiful fucking mess.

Perfect

As they say, timing is everything. The best time to get one up on your direct rivals is on your own turf. It's just a shame this fixture came at the tailend of a brutal run of fixtures that saw us play away to Spurs, Chelsea and Napoli, as well as hosting Chelsea (LC), PSG and finally City. All within a month. Fuck sake. 

The rest of Europe's major leagues.

La Liga: Barcelona 86 pts from 37 games - pissed league and are 11 pts clear.

Serie A: Juventus 90 pts from 36 games - pissed league and are 14 pts clear.

Bundesliga: Bayern 75 pts from 33 games - top by 2 pts with a game left. Only a 34 game season but obviously they are miles behind our run rate.

Ligue 1: PSG 88 pts from 36 games - pissed league and are 16 pts clear.

Just unreal when you then look at our situation.

45 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

He won't though mate, we shit our pants in cup finals, and I really believe those cockney cunts name is on big ears followed by a knighthood for king fucking harry!!

The thought of it is nauseating but I can't see any other outcome, I think today will be the finish of us this season!

Think you might be better off with the rest of the quimms over on GOT

2 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Absolutely transformative and I think however much we all respect him, it will only be one day when he’s gone and we look back at this period in our history that we can fully appreciate what he’s given us back.

Good post but I have to disagree with this bit. I can appreciate it already. I wasn’t even two years old the last time we won the league and although there’s been the odd high point, the honest truth is that we’ve never really been up there amongst the world’s best teams. We fucking are now and I don’t think anyone is in any doubt as to who is responsible for that. 

1 minute ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Good post but I have to disagree with this bit. I can appreciate it already. I wasn’t even two years old the last time we won the league and although there’s been the odd high point, the honest truth is that we’ve never really been up there amongst the world’s best teams. We fucking are now and I don’t think anyone is in any doubt as to who is responsible for that. 

If Lovren read that, he'd 100% take the credit.

27 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Think you might be better off with the rest of the quimms over on GOT

Why? Their run is just like ours was in 05, and you know that arrogant cunt will be back for the final! The cunt always makes it all about him, and we cannot win finals! We're always just lacking something whether it's ability, luck or anything else you can think of!

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Why? Their run is just like ours was in 05, and you know that arrogant cunt will be back for the final! The cunt always makes it all about him, and we cannot win finals! We're always just lacking something whether it's ability, luck or anything else you can think of!

Why even bother then?

City can't get any better really. Four of their most important characters in their dressing room are hitting the twilight of their careers in Kompany, Fernandinho, david silva and aguero. Huge figures at that club. The rest of their squad is outstanding and they will buy big, but it will be hard to keep everyone happy. Gundogan and Sane being a case in point. Their new players will need time to settle in. The rest of the top 6 are miles off us and will be next season.

We can't feel sorry for ourselves. Hate myself for giving this example, but we could take a leaf out of the Mancs in 92'. They didn't feel sorry for themselves and went on to win the title the following year. They had the weight of history weighing down on them just like us. That can be us next year.

We are probably the second best club team in the world and we are so close to being the best. We bring big ears home and that's a real lift for this wonderful team and manager. One thing i've loved about the run in is things like Hendo looking like he belongs as our captain and Divock being a real player for us. Keita is looking like he will be a massive player for us next year and Fabinho is the new Fernandinho.

Onwards redmen.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Did you call my pint a poof?

8 minutes ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Why even bother then?

Because we've got to turn up, we have to play the game, we have to put on a show!

Let's at least put on a good show and make them earn it, just like we've made Citeh earn it!

I know silverware isn't everything, but i would love us to win one, we deserve one after that!

Massively disappointing today despite there being lots to be proud of. We were in control of our own destiny in the league and its a damn shame we managed to hand it back to those cunts.

After the heroics against Barcelona the other night we still have a good chance to finish the season on a massive high. My eldest lads been in Liverpool all weekend on a stag do and he's just got back saying the atmosphere in town today was unreal.

Roll on the 2nd of June when we bring No6 home. I'll be there.

• Upvote 2