You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) Premier League 12/5/2019

Bjornebye

Its worth noting that to win the European Cup in Shankly’s day, you first had to win the league. This is what he meant by ‘bread and butter’. There was no European competition w/o consistancy in the league.

• Upvote 2

Don't know how to feel after that. I'm gutted obviously, and I genuinely think we're cursed never to win the title again, but I'm not as pissed off as I thought I'd be!

Maybe I had made peace with it weeks ago after all!

I'll see how I feel after a day surrounded by smug Mancs at work tomorrow!

7 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Its worth noting that to win the European Cup in Shankly’s day, you first had to win the league. This is what he meant by ‘bread and butter’. There was no European competition w/o consistancy in the league.

He said it in 1973 -- he had won it after 6 or 7 years of drought. It was that title that put us on our perch. That perch was made a good bit higher due to bringing home Big Ears a few times in the following years.

European cup is our cup. Let’s bring it home. 

We’re right up there with city and the very best teams on the planet. We have the character, talent and infrastructure to win the league. Let’s do that next season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Captain Howdy said:

Maybe, in fairness I really couldn’t give a fuck

Your posts have never given the team any chance of winning any of the crucial games. Why the fuck do you even bother? You never expected us to win the title so why are you even surprised? You deserve your fucking neggings. 

1 minute ago, Iceman said:

Your posts have never given the team any chance of winning any of the crucial games. Why the fuck do you even bother? You never expected us to win the title so why are you even surprised?

They have but never mind, for some reason you have a hard on for me, let’s cut a deal for the good of the forum stay away from me and I’ll stay away from you, how’s that.?

4 minutes ago, Iceman said:

Your posts have never given the team any chance of winning any of the crucial games. Why the fuck do you even bother? You never expected us to win the title so why are you even surprised? You deserve your fucking neggings. 

There seems to be a fair few fans who would have been more comfortable had we bottled it. Running a race through to the finish line is probably too much to ask for them

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Don't know how to feel after that. I'm gutted obviously, and I genuinely think we're cursed never to win the title again, but I'm not as pissed off as I thought I'd be!

I'll see how I feel after a day surrounded by smug Mancs at work tomorrow!

It’s a cliche I know, but we’ve got to focus on the positives.

Klopp is building a culture. We’ve rebuilt Anfield. We sold Suarez and Coutinho to Barcelona cos they ‘dreamed of the big time’ and then butt fucked them on Tuesday night like the no hopers they are. We’re back as the genuine biggest club in the world - that’s what we always were; it’s what ‘Sir Alex’ set out to destroy, and look how that’s working out for them?

Klopp and the owners are giving us the greatest gift they could ever give us - the chance to step up and stay up. Permanently. If and when Klopp leaves ( All things must pass as George suggested.....) he will have ‘done a Shankly’ and left a legacy.

The future looks immense. These are the days, my friend. These are the days.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

Same. I'm not as pissed off as I thought I'd be either.

They've been incredibly lucky in most aspects of this season.

Look at their cup runs. The teams they've got have been a fucking joke. They will probably complete the domestic treble against the mighty fucking Watford.

Personally I always thought it's been over since they negotiated the Spurs and Utd games. A Spurs team that struggled to put a team together. Then the Manc cunts, at the best time of the season to play them.

20 minutes ago, Red Shift said:

Again, I wasn't aware of that.