You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wolves (H) Premier League 12/5/2019

Bjornebye

I'm gonna have a little rant now and if a miracle ends up happening I can look back on this and laugh and if it does not i have got it all off my chest before the full realisation kicks in (despite how long a shot it is we all harbour hope right now don't we!)

94 points on board - possible we end on 97.....NINETY FUCKING SEVEN - just let that sink in. I can't be the only one who thinks not winning the league with that total is utterly bizarre and surreal.

I mean 97 or even if we end on 94 or 95 points not being enough to win the title is a complete head fuck, like some sort of mad, bad trip! 

Let's say we end on 97 points and not win it, it is utterly fucking ridiculous. It's insane. It will be the third highest points total ever accumulated in the history of top flight English football......the only higher totals being the one that beats us this season and the one that took it last year. 

Even if you go back to when it was 2 points for a win and recalculated the tables using today's 3 pts for a win you wont find many sides (if any at all) clocking totals anywhere near 97 points. And the football league is 130 fucking years old.

Our great title winning side of 1978/9 would come out with 98 pts and they played 42 games - 4 more than todays side.

Kenny's magnificent 1987/8 team got 90 points from 40 games.

None of Ferguson's United teams as dominant as they were ever got near 94/95/97 - Even Wenger's invincibles 'only' got 90.

This is why I'm asking myself what the fuck is this all about -what are we witnessing here? Where is this leading for future years - is this where the bar is for the forseeable? Even if we lose today and 'only' end up on 94 points then we'll still have eclipsed all of the teams I just mentioned points wise and any other anybody cares to mention! 

And ultimately even 97 may not be enough.

Fuck me - 97 points not enough to win the league....sickening.

Of course we have enjoyed watching this fearless, brilliant team and we are a world away from where we were when Cancer and AIDS were running this great club into the ground and Roy Fucking Hodgson was our manager - I am proud of them, incredibly proud....BUT for us to not be rewarded with the title at the end of this is a massive, thunderous kick in the bollocks and all the pride in what this team are that is there and all the joy they have given us this season can't cover the massive, crippling hurt that kick will as is likely be.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, skaro said:

The Last Supper came up all right - Yorkshires turned out well.

Now, for the rest of the Portuguese red.

20190512_182327.jpg

Yorkshire’s look great. Potatoes could have maybe been a bit more golden, if I’m being picky.  How did the beef look?

Skaro that food is title winning. What time is it there? Did we win it? 

Where is everyone out today for it? Was gonna stay local but its the birds birthday so were watching it in Punch Tarmys. Punch being the operative word the fucking blue-nose 

3 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

Yorkshire’s look great. Potatoes could have maybe been a bit more golden, if I’m being picky.  How did the beef look?

The potatoes weren't perfect, nor of the highest quality, but nice and crunchy on the outside.

Beef was only just pink - slightly overcooked, and perhaps even a little too lean.

By no means unenjoyable though, and the Yorks elevated the meal nicely.

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Where is everyone out today for it? Was gonna stay local but its the birds birthday so were watching it in Punch Tarmys. Punch being the operative word the fucking blue-nose 

It's still 0-0 in both games....

Heading towards 9pm here... and I'm heading towards the end of my bottle of red. 

Have already had a couple of bottles of Champagne with Mrs - Mother's Day here today.

Just now, Bjornebye said:

The bloke I share a ticket with was due to go today, but he'd stupidly booked to take his wife away for the weekend this weekend; so I'm in the Lower Kenny. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

The bloke I share a ticket with was due to go today, but he'd stupidly booked to take his wife away for the weekend this weekend; so I'm in the Lower Kenny. 

hahahahaha you lucky fucker x Enjoy Mal. I know where to and when I abseil in if we manage to win it. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, skaro said:

It's still 0-0 in both games....

Heading towards 9pm here... and I'm heading towards the end of my bottle of red. 

Have already had a couple of bottles of Champagne with Mrs - Mother's Day here today.

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, Simbo said:

Had a dream that David Silva scored a header in the first few minutes to put City 1-0. Our game remained 0-0 and we were struggling to break down Wolves. Then Glenn Murray gets an 83rd minute equaliser.......we score a winner in the 94th minute to win the league.

The only problem was it was Gerrard who scored it. 

Let’s just wait until the team sheets are out before doing anything hasty eh. This could be on. 

I'm going off comms shortly, so I'd just like to say that I hate and love every one of you cunts in equal measure.

What a season, can't believe we've still got a 0.0000001% chance of the title on the last day.

I'll be devastated when it's confirmed we haven't won it, this will hurt bad, and I'm gutted we're going to end the season trophyless yet again! But my God what an effort. Their heads could have dropped when we lost our advantage but they carried on fighting. All power to them.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Played YNWA about 8 times, In My Life about and now got a playlist consisting of The Beatles, Cast, The Lightning Seeds and a few other Scouse bands. In fucking pieces here. 

Listening to Poor Scouser Tommy just now. Gini song before that. I thought I was gonna sleep tonight, not happening.

4 minutes ago, Creator Supreme said:

I'm going off comms shortly, so I'd just like to say that I hate and love every one of you cunts in equal measure.

What a season, can't believe we've still got a 0.0000001% chance of the title on the last day.

I'll be devastated when it's confirmed we haven't won it, this will hurt bad, and I'm gutted we're going to end the season trophyless yet again! But my God what an effort. Their heads could have dropped when we lost our advantage but they carried on fighting. All power to them.

Trophyless I'm not so sure of but I agree with the rest.

29 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

In the Baltic triangle? If so, I had a satisfying Irish brekkie there, white pudding and all

1 hour ago, Bjornebye said:

Played YNWA about 8 times, In My Life about and now got a playlist consisting of The Beatles, Cast, The Lightning Seeds and a few other Scouse bands. In fucking pieces here. 

Im listening to the official club playlist on spotify.

Classics like 'we've got salah - kevin murphy' and 'this is premier league - premier league music'.

Club just gets us.

I've decided to watch the Brighton game.  I won't be able to concentrate on our game anyway, and I'll just feel safer keeping an eye on what's going on down on the South coast.  No logic to it but I think there's more chance of them dropping points if I'm keeping an eye on proceedings.  

• Upvote 1