Quantcast
Who do we want in the final then? - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Sugar Ape

Who do we want in the final then?

Who do we want in the final?  

87 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who do we want in the final?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/19 at 21:30

Assuming Ajax will be the option for most people but a Spurs side without Kane might well be an easier game.

Anyone know if he’d make the final if they get through?

Kane will be back fir the final. 

Don't like English sides in Europe especially a one off game at a neutral ground. The thought of losing is worse too. 

13 minutes ago, liverpoolsno9 said:

Ajax for me. That’s not because I think we would beat them, I just want to play a European side. Really don’t want an all English final. 

This. 

I'd love us to hammer spurs. 

Considering going over and watching it in a fans' area or something but flights start at £330. Add tax, hotel, beers, food and I reckon it'll be over a grand. 

An all-English final is for plastic-flag-waving neophytes.

A Borussia-Mönchengladbach-jumpers-for-goal-posts-proper-xenophobic-Common-Market-bacon-and-eggs-in-Benidorm-we're-all-on-the-Continent-now-I-didn't-vote-for-it-myself-but-I'm-determined-to-make-it-work-Total-Football-final.

Please.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think either will provide a stiff test. If I had to express a preference it would be for Ajax to do Spurs tonight, followed by a nine goal swing on the final day taking Arsenal through to the CL above them. But that’s because I don’t like Spurs.

Would also annoy me if they were to beat us in the final and we’d have to put up with a Chubby Hamster Summer Festival.

I want Ajax because they are a club who deserve to contest a European Cup final with a 5 times winner as they have won 4 themselves. It would be less shame if we had to lose by dodgy reffing et al to them in my opinion. Spurs are just cunts who don't deserve to be anywhere near it. Which means Spurs will (hopefully not) win!

Ajax.

Not that I fear Spurs in any way, just that it would be a much better spectacle and occasion.

Still, wouldn't be at all surprised to see Spurs win tonight. They'll have their main man back tonight in Son and I thought Ajax were less impressive last week than in their frenzied performances against Real and Juventus.

Obviously Ajax, although they have been scary good in the competition. There's nothing I want to watch less than another match against Spurs with so much on the line.

Ajax won't be easy, but I'd rather play them for the sense of occasion. Playing a Premiership team in the final just seems wrong.

Plus the pessimist in me says that if we lose, I'd rather it be to Ajax.

Ajax Liverpool is a proper European royalty final.

Spurs being there would cheapen the sense of occasion a touch. Not any victory, but the magic around the game itself.

Europe’s not about playing other English teams, especially not in the final.

• Upvote 3

Ajax. Spurs are the easier game but the fall out of a loss to them would far overweight a loss to Ajax. 

Ajax please. And fuck them 

Ajax. A great European final rather than an all English affair. Also, victory isn’t guaranteed against either side but I don’t like the idea of playing a good English team who we’ve beaten twice this season but been significantly troubled by - they’re due a positive result. It would be hellish to lose to them in the final and would probably be more of a psychological blow to us while giving them an enormous boost for next season.

Ajax. If they won it I wouldn't begrudge them after what they've done this season in Europe. I'd get over losing to them easier than losing to Spurs. The current Spurs side are just an annoying bunch of knobheads and so is their chubby hamster of a manager.

• Like 1

Another vote for Ajax, as others have said an all English final is horrible. Also would be unbearable if Spurs won, all we’d hear is Poch had won a trophy before Klopp.