You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do we want in the final then?

Sugar Ape

Who do we want in the final?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we want in the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/19 at 21:30

I really wanted Ajax, and am feeling a bit deflated since that result last night. I’ve only watched 3 highlight videos from out match today.

my concern over spurs - apart from tyem

being a good side who have given us a tough time in our games - is the way they’ve scraped through to the final.

not just last night, but against city before that, and even getting out of the group at all after having one point from 3 matches.

theyll have a type of belief we had in Istanbul - a feeling of fate being on their side.

on the positive side, we’ve got a level of belief that isn’t linked to fate or scraping through. We’ve been playing cup finals since the beginning of February, and winning them, mostly.

weve been to finals. Yes we lost them, but the experience won’t be new. The press, the build up, the distractions, none of that will be new.

we are a better team than they are, and our players know how good we are, but haven’t disrespected an opposition side all season. In fact a couple of our poorer results have come from giving too much respect.

also spurs have looked to be lacking discipline every time I’ve seen them this year. Danny Rose looked like he was asking to be sent off yesterday, as did sissoko.

im confident that we will win, but I’d still rather be facing Ajax.

And Matip is miles better than Lovren!

1 hour ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I really wanted Ajax, and am feeling a bit deflated since that result last night. I’ve only watched 3 highlight videos from out match today.

my concern over spurs - apart from tyem

being a good side who have given us a tough time in our games - is the way they’ve scraped through to the final.

not just last night, but against city before that, and even getting out of the group at all after having one point from 3 matches.

theyll have a type of belief we had in Istanbul - a feeling of fate being on their side.

on the positive side, we’ve got a level of belief that isn’t linked to fate or scraping through. We’ve been playing cup finals since the beginning of February, and winning them, mostly.

weve been to finals. Yes we lost them, but the experience won’t be new. The press, the build up, the distractions, none of that will be new.

we are a better team than they are, and our players know how good we are, but haven’t disrespected an opposition side all season. In fact a couple of our poorer results have come from giving too much respect.

also spurs have looked to be lacking discipline every time I’ve seen them this year. Danny Rose looked like he was asking to be sent off yesterday, as did sissoko.

im confident that we will win, but I’d still rather be facing Ajax.

And Matip is miles better than Lovren!

Whoever we play its going to be a nerve wracking game.

Talking to a spurs fan he was all over the spurs name is already on the cup. I'm dreading it, England's Tottenham, England's harry Kane, the underdogs first time in a European cup final, klopp always losing finals, pochettino getting "he's never won anything jibes". 3 weeks of this shit. 

Because its two English clubs, it won't be an English referee.

While this means we won't get any of the blatant anti us cunts like Mariner that we see in the EPL it probably means Kane or one of the other diving cunts will be falling over every time one of our players comes near them and getting away with it. The sort of thing VAR was supposed to stop.

Being a neutral ground it also means we (hopefully) won't be playing on a pitch that hasn't been prepared to nobble us.

2 minutes ago, Evelyn Tentions said:

While this means we won't get any of the blatant anti us cunts like Mariner that we see in the EPL it probably means Kane or one of the other diving cunts will be falling over every time one of our players comes near them and getting away with it. The sort of thing VAR was supposed to stop.

On the other hand, given the magnitude of the game, they’ll probably be wanting to show that VAR works. There’s no guarantee of that helping us, but it might stifle one of Tottenham's primary tactics.

10 hours ago, ZonkoVille77 said:

The 3 week gap to the final is a steaming pile of Pogba. Hopefully it doesn't effect momentum.

Probably not a bad thing as it gives Firmino a chance to get fit.

Hopefully Salah is back on Sunday, but if not, then him as well.

12 minutes ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

But will he be match fit.

With such a big break. I'd have thought some behind closed door matches will be arranged to keep fitness levels high.

After such a long season and I don't think you can underestimate what the players have been putting in recent weeks in terms of effort. The performance and energy vs Newcastle and only a couple of days later vs Barca is nothing short of incredible.

I'd fancy our chances vs any team in a one off match if we have all our players fit and rested that includes a final vs City.

• Upvote 1

I wanted Ajax but i'm not as arsed as some that it's Spurs. Out of any of the potential English teams Spurs would probably be top of the list.

It will be a really tough game because they're a very good side. If we play well though, we win.

Don't want to even think about the final till we have the last league game out of the way with hopefully no injuriies to our main players in a game we will have to play a full strength side and go at it a 100% in what will in all probability be a fruitless attempt to catch City. 

Was one of the reasons I wanted Arsenal to win last week so Spurs would have to do the same.

On 09/05/2019 at 15:28, chrisbonnie said:

on paper we should win this game, and rather easily.

We've better defenders, a better keeper, better midfield and better attackers.

But these fucks have given us hell, probably more than any other team in the last 2 years. 

I would have rathered we played Ajax, but hopefully our players mental strength gets us over the line.

1 win in 14.  I'm sure I can think of a few teams that has troubled us more. 

I hope they play their stupid high line against us again & get walloped in the first half. 

3 hours ago, Grinch said:

1 win in 14.  I'm sure I can think of a few teams that has troubled us more. 

I hope they play their stupid high line against us again & get walloped in the first half. 

is that the record, 1 win in 14?

Fyck, i really thought it was a lot tighter 

Gutted that Spurs won.

A champions league final between two European greats in a great city with two set of fans who see football as it should be would have been absolutely iconic, everything you dream about and enjoy about football. 

On the other hand, there are fewer games I can imagine wanting to go to than an All English final in Spain. The prices for everything are going to be astronomical, the authorities are going to be on a hair trigger red alert, the nobheads are going to be out in force and the media will be completely unbearable. Fair play to anybody who does go to get behind the team, but I wouldn't go if you paid me.

• Upvote 1

On 08/05/2019 at 14:08, Sugar Ape said:

Assuming Ajax will be the option for most people but a Spurs side without Kane might well be an easier game.

Anyone know if he’d make the final if they get through?

This thread is not quite complete without your expertise: