You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do we want in the final then?

Sugar Ape

Who do we want in the final?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we want in the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/19 at 21:30

21 minutes ago, m0e said:

They've qualified for the CL. 

Not entirely, Arsenal could still pinch it on goal difference. Unlikely though. 

And I was speaking more generally anyway, if they get knocked out here, and miss top 4 next season then they'll be in trouble I reckon. 

31 minutes ago, 3 Stacks said:

Can you imagine if we lose to fucking Spurs? Fuck. This is a shit outcome. I think head-to-head we've been very evenly matched. 

That myth exists alright, facts say otherwise. The Lovren game is the only loss in the 14 matches.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Fully fit squad in Madrid, only 2 areas and places that need querying for me. Gomez or Matip, and the 3rd man in midfield with fabinho and Henderson. 
Matip has been brilliant, but mouras pace is a concern. Gomez is the better fit for me but it's a tough call.
Then our middle. Fab and hen will start. So it's either gini or Milner. Tough times ahead for the boss but isn't it fucking great that he has the chance to choose again. 
Oh and fuck worrying bout spurs. They've lost 17 times this season in all competitions. Respect them yes, they've dangerous players,but we're fucking miles better than them and have far more dangerous players for them to be dealing with.
Up the Madrid bound reds!

Guest Alex_K

This must be the most unequivocal poll in the history of the site. Wijnaldum has to play if the front 3 are fit. We should be  better all over the park. Tough on Matip, but would slot Gomez in ahead of him if he's fit.

1 hour ago, No2 said:

That myth exists alright, facts say otherwise. The Lovren game is the only loss in the 14 matches.

I don't care about the results. I wasn't talking about that and am fully aware of them as I can use fucking google to check the recent history.

These past two years, they've played us as tough as anybody in terms of creating chances, having lots of the ball and making us defend. 

I wanted Ajax for the reasons most people have said - playing English clubs in Europe isn’t what it’s about, but also I thought they looked perfect for us to twat into next oblivion.

I hate our games against spurs but they’ve looked like they’re running close to empty lately, and also look to have a lack of discipline.

they got through tonight because they have more experience and mental toughness than Ajax. Ajax made stupid decisions all over the shop in the last 15 minutes and threw it away, however much credit spurs do deserve.

and even then, they could’ve easily won 4-2.

5 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

These past two years, they've played us as tough as anybody in terms of creating chances, having lots of the ball and making us defend. 

They were all over us for long parts of the 2-2 at Anfield last season, and in the last half hour at Anfield this year, in a way no other English team has managed in the last 2 years. Add to that the diving and snidery and Kane’s good record against us, and the fact that they know how to defend, this is not ideal.

As someone said, being surrounded by them in Madrid will be shit too. I’m not going anyway but that would put me right off.

You don’t want a European final to be about one upmanship, bragging rights and bantz.

The fucking Chas & Dave cup final 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, niallers said:

Fully fit squad in Madrid, only 2 areas and places that need querying for me. Gomez or Matip, and the 3rd man in midfield with fabinho and Henderson. 
Matip has been brilliant, but mouras pace is a concern. Gomez is the better fit for me but it's a tough call.
Then our middle. Fab and hen will start. So it's either gini or Milner. Tough times ahead for the boss but isn't it fucking great that he has the chance to choose again. 
Oh and fuck worrying bout spurs. They've lost 17 times this season in all competitions. Respect them yes, they've dangerous players,but we're fucking miles better than them and have far more dangerous players for them to be dealing with.
Up the Madrid bound reds!

I’m not his biggest fan, but you can’t drop Matip now IMO.

• Upvote 1

Cunt of an opponent for the final. They match us up well in individual games and have little to lose as we will be favourites and that means nothing in finals. I can see them playing for a 0-0 or a sneaky goal to try and hold on to due to the occasion. Yes we have got an excellent record against them under Klopp but most of those victories have been hard fought so its no easy ride. Plus its fuckin Spurs in a European final and that takes the edge off a bit already.

Playing Spurs takes the shine off for me, plus the way they got through. Watching the news this morning is a mirror of the day before but that was about us. 

Kane gets mentioned in every item about Spurs last night, which is disrespectful to their players but the build up will be all about him and that pisses me off.

Plus a lot of our fans will be travelling from Southern England, flights and ferries, alongside them Cockney cunts. 

Obviously if we win I won't give a fuck.

Ajax could have made things difficult for us unknown quantity but obviously inexperienced. Spurs will be less of an attacking threat but defensively stronger.  We are the favourites  I fully expect us to win. Do I feel entitled absofuckinglutely we deserve it for the season we have had. Simple as.