You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do we want in the final then?

Sugar Ape

Who do we want in the final?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we want in the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/19 at 21:30

7 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

As an aside, would you take winning the league if you knew it meant losing the European cup to Spurs ?

I would

As another aside want the double. But yes my preference for league however if by a miracle Brighton hold out and we win then come Monday morning it will be F**** Spurs want big ears as well 

13 minutes ago, Scooby Dudek said:

As an aside, would you take winning the league if you knew it meant losing the European cup to Spurs ?

I would

Yeah.

Of course we want both and now it is all down to 2 games (well 3 counting the city game!) it is so close - but still so far away...losing either will hurt, losing both would be fucking terrible.

If we could only take one then for me this year it would be the league.

Fair play to Spurs for last night. Not sure why Ajax just sat back in the second half, they were good enough to kill the game off.

I think our experience of last year will help massively in the Final this year, and I back us to keep our emotions in check which I think will play a pivotal part in the game.

Not buying this "name on the cup" nonsense. We've had so many late goals this season in the league and we're still heading into the final game needing a small miracle. Spurs were not lucky yesterday either. They had so many chances it was a deserved win. 

If Brighton grab a last minute equaliser and we get a winner at the exact time then I might reconsider my stance.

6 minutes ago, skend04 said:

Not buying this "name on the cup" nonsense. We've had so many late goals this season in the league and we're still heading into the final game needing a small miracle. Spurs were not lucky yesterday either. They had so many chances it was a deserved win. 

If Brighton grab a last minute equaliser and we get a winner at the exact time then I might reconsider my stance.

You should consider what hospital you will be admitted to there will be a queue of potential cardiac failure patients ahead of you under that senario.

They're actually playing much better without Kane. They surely can't drop Moura (what a player by the way) so they'll have to re-arrange their formation for the final with no dry-run games before to test it out.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

They're actually playing much better without Kane. They surely can't drop Moura (what a player by the way) so they'll have to re-arrange their formation for the final with no dry-run games before to test it out.

Kane is back for the final?

Harry Kane is a fucking gormless meff. He is getting uglier and more meffy by the day. That horrible video of him celebrating a few weeks ago shouting "yeah lets go yeaahh" made me want to get a job in an abattoir. Him running across the pitch last night was disgusting. I was dying for him to just run into a fucking lampost or something. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, 3 Stacks said:

I don't care about the results. I wasn't talking about that and am fully aware of them as I can use fucking google to check the recent history.

These past two years, they've played us as tough as anybody in terms of creating chances, having lots of the ball and making us defend. 

Yes, I'm sure Spurs are thinking they have Liverpool exactly where they want them. All part of the plan.

I agree with rubble-rouser that I can do without the 'Chas & Dave cup final' crap, but objectively Liverpool are going to be firm favourites. 

3 hours ago, viRdjil said:

I’m not his biggest fan, but you can’t drop Matip now IMO.

It seems to take much longer for you to become a fan of somebody you judged as poor than it does for you to accept a guy who played well once isn’t very good. 

Even the commentators tor’s were going mad over Matip this last few months. He has been excellent this season. What is it going to take for you to start being a fan and how many shite performances will it take for you to realise Lovren is wank? 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Harry Kane is a fucking gormless meff. He is getting uglier and more meffy by the day. That horrible video of him celebrating a few weeks ago shouting "yeah lets go yeaahh" made me want to get a job in an abattoir. Him running across the pitch last night was disgusting. I was dying for him to just run into a fucking lampost or something. 

The video of him shouting "TESCO" got me.  

27 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

It seems to take much longer for you to become a fan of somebody you judged as poor than it does for you to accept a guy who played well once isn’t very good. 

Even the commentators tor’s were going mad over Matip this last few months. He has been excellent this season. What is it going to take for you to start being a fan and how many shite performances will it take for you to realise Lovren is wank? 

Lovren has a higher ceiling IMO. Not that controversial opinion. Matip started the season as 4th choice mate. Regardless, I think he should start the final if fit.

7 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Lovren has a higher ceiling IMO. Not that controversial opinion. Matip started the season as 4th choice mate. Regardless, I think he should start the final if fit.

So, basically, it doesn't matter where he ends up just where he started. Cool. 

It's pointless. 

21 minutes ago, Numero Veinticinco said:

So, basically, it doesn't matter where he ends up just where he started. Cool. 

It's pointless. 

I find it difficult to judge a player’s ability based on current form, because forms tend to fluctuate. I mean currently Matip is also performing better than Gomez, but I still believe Gomez to be a better footballer than the German. 

9 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I find it difficult to judge a player’s ability based on current form

Yeah, it certainly hasn't changed your view on a great manner of dross players who played well the first time you saw them and have been shit for the next couple of seasons. 

Just now, Numero Veinticinco said:

Yeah, it certainly hasn't changed your view on a great manner of dross players who played well the first time you saw them and have been shit for the next couple of seasons. 

I think that’s very harsh. Of the more controversial ones; Maguire is now c£70m rated, Winks is a regular starter for Spurs, and Heaton turned Burnley’s season single-handedly.

24 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I find it difficult to judge a player’s ability based on current form, because forms tend to fluctuate. I mean currently Matip is also performing better than Gomez, but I still believe Gomez to be a better footballer than the German. 

You seemed to think AOC was out of this world after half a dozen good games.

Current form, no? 

17 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I think that’s very harsh. Of the more controversial ones; Maguire is now c£70m rated, Winks is a regular starter for Spurs, and Heaton turned Burnley’s season single-handedly.

He isn't rated at 70m. When they asked for that, knowing mega-bucks Manchester United were interested and desperate, and even then it was laughed out of town. You can value your car at £100m but that doesn't make it worth it. As for Winks and Heaton. Good one. 

Back to denying how great Matip has been and how shit Lovren has been and then pretending the only game that ever existed is Lovren playing well in our 3-1 loss in a final.