You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do we want in the final then?

Sugar Ape

Who do we want in the final?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we want in the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/19 at 21:30

Ajax Liverpool is a proper European royalty final.

Spurs being there would cheapen the sense of occasion a touch. Not any victory, but the magic around the game itself.

Europe’s not about playing other English teams, especially not in the final.

Would never underestimate Ajax as they look fucking boss. But if they did manage to get to the final, all the build up and all the shit leading upto It is absolutely massive, especially for a team so young. Reckon it could overwhelm them. We’ve been there, lost and worn the T-shirt. Experience of these occasions means a lot. Of course, the same could be said of Spurs, but thats countered by them knowing us so well, and it being a like a Prem game, it would take some of the pressure off. Come on Ajax.

2 hours ago, Lizzie Birdsworths Wrinkled Chopper said:

Ajax Liverpool is a proper European royalty final.

Spurs being there would cheapen the sense of occasion a touch. Not any victory, but the magic around the game itself.

Europe’s not about playing other English teams, especially not in the final.

End thread

Only place I’ve actually answered this question. I’d prefer Ajax. Liverpool v Ajax is a billing that deserves a final. Liverpool v Spurs sounds like a friendly. That’s not to say I think Spurs would be an easy win just that it wouldn’t feel like a proper European Cup Final.

I voted Ajax, but I'm not sure now. I think Spurs would approach it as if it was a Premier League game which would be a fatal mistake.

Regardless, whoever it is should worry more about facing us than vice versa.

Spurs are a known quantity . Not scared of getting them at all, Ajax are a far bigger threat as they play with no fear.

Spurs will quite likely be intimidated by the occasion and our lads have last years final to draw upon.  Spuds for me

26 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

If Ajax win, we'll be wearing our away kit for the first time in a European Cup final. Is the 2001 UEFA Cup final the only time we've worn it in any European final?

We beat Barca in the semi of that. 

And we played a team beginning with A in the final. 

Omenz

Fuck Spurs, I don't want them anywhere near a cup final.

I get the impression they are on a bit of a knife edge, a bad season with no trophies and missing out on CL football combined with lower than average salaries might cause a mass exodus of management and players, and they'll go back into obscurity. If they start making it into European finals they might start getting ideas about sticking round. 

I've wanted us to play Ajax since the Madrid game, they are a great fearless attacking team and I'd love to watch them against us, I'm sure Jurgen is excited about the prospect himself, top top level attacking football from 2 European heavyweights. 

36 minutes ago, Aventus said:

Fuck Spurs, I don't want them anywhere near a cup final.

I get the impression they are on a bit of a knife edge, a bad season with no trophies and missing out on CL football combined with lower than average salaries might cause a mass exodus of management and players, and they'll go back into obscurity. If they start making it into European finals they might start getting ideas about sticking round. 

I've wanted us to play Ajax since the Madrid game, they are a great fearless attacking team and I'd love to watch them against us, I'm sure Jurgen is excited about the prospect himself, top top level attacking football from 2 European heavyweights. 

They've qualified for the CL.