You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do we want in the final then?

Sugar Ape

Who do we want in the final?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Who do we want in the final?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/05/19 at 21:30

An all-English final is for plastic-flag-waving neophytes.

A Borussia-Mönchengladbach-jumpers-for-goal-posts-proper-xenophobic-Common-Market-bacon-and-eggs-in-Benidorm-we're-all-on-the-Continent-now-I-didn't-vote-for-it-myself-but-I'm-determined-to-make-it-work-Total-Football-final.

Please.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I think either will provide a stiff test. If I had to express a preference it would be for Ajax to do Spurs tonight, followed by a nine goal swing on the final day taking Arsenal through to the CL above them. But that’s because I don’t like Spurs.

Would also annoy me if they were to beat us in the final and we’d have to put up with a Chubby Hamster Summer Festival.

I want Ajax because they are a club who deserve to contest a European Cup final with a 5 times winner as they have won 4 themselves. It would be less shame if we had to lose by dodgy reffing et al to them in my opinion. Spurs are just cunts who don't deserve to be anywhere near it. Which means Spurs will (hopefully not) win!

Ajax.

Not that I fear Spurs in any way, just that it would be a much better spectacle and occasion.

Still, wouldn't be at all surprised to see Spurs win tonight. They'll have their main man back tonight in Son and I thought Ajax were less impressive last week than in their frenzied performances against Real and Juventus.

Ajax won't be easy, but I'd rather play them for the sense of occasion. Playing a Premiership team in the final just seems wrong.

Plus the pessimist in me says that if we lose, I'd rather it be to Ajax.

Ajax Liverpool is a proper European royalty final.

Spurs being there would cheapen the sense of occasion a touch. Not any victory, but the magic around the game itself.

Europe’s not about playing other English teams, especially not in the final.

• Upvote 3

Ajax. A great European final rather than an all English affair. Also, victory isn’t guaranteed against either side but I don’t like the idea of playing a good English team who we’ve beaten twice this season but been significantly troubled by - they’re due a positive result. It would be hellish to lose to them in the final and would probably be more of a psychological blow to us while giving them an enormous boost for next season.

Ajax. If they won it I wouldn't begrudge them after what they've done this season in Europe. I'd get over losing to them easier than losing to Spurs. The current Spurs side are just an annoying bunch of knobheads and so is their chubby hamster of a manager.

• Like 1