You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: I think the warmth from the Liverpool fans is still there for me 

7 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Nah, and I think it would be doing Salah, Mane & Firmino a huge disservice to think he’d depose any of them. He’s still an excellent - if vile - player, but not quite what he was. 

We've been left wanting for a goal too many times this season. Tough to decide who'd miss out but a clinical finisher like him occasionally would have been nice.  

Barcelona's front 3 made a total of zero tackles and 2 interceptions last night, Coutinho accounted for both of those. His work ethic and snarliness made him a great player, he has only retained one of those which is why we now have 3 attackers better than Suarez.

Wasn't even that arsed about him and his antics last night. All my energies went into roaring our own lads on. Trying to wind up or injure our players aside, he was utterly peripheral, bar that really weak attempt on goal. Glenn Murray would have caused us more problems.

And injuring Robbo so that Gini came on worked out wonderfully well for him.

• Upvote 2

Getting told to fuck off by the Kop when Robbo was down was definitely the moment where he no longer was a threat in the game. He was stood there, hands on knees, nothing happening and listening to the entire Kop telling him to fuck off. If he honestly thought he was getting a warm welcome then that will have really stung him. Live by the sword, die by the sword innit.