You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: I think the warmth from the Liverpool fans is still there for me 

We all accept that he will fight with whatever he has at his disposal to win a game or score a goal.  He would sell his grandmother for 3 points.  You love it when players like that play for you.

He now has to accept that, as a crowd, we will do whatever we can do to help  and encourage OUR boys to win a game.

I loved the little fucker whilst he was here, but I don't want to hear his name sung tonight ( unless we beat them 5 nil, and even then, only at the very end of the game ) 

Concentrate on our players 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Boss said:

He doesn't deserve to be booed individually. The whole Barcelona team should be booed from the opening whistle for the full 90 minutes. Him and Coutinho should get a loud cheer when their names are announced though.

fuck that. i can't be doing with booing names, but fuck cheering them. we're there to support liverpool and make it hostile for our opponents, if they wanted warmth off us, they shouldn't have chosen to change dressing rooms. 

• Upvote 4

He'll get neither a boo nor a cheer from me tonight.

He's the most talented, driven player I've ever seen play for Liverpool but the affection was never a mutual one.  He's out to win for him which is fine but he didn't think about his respect for the Liverpool fans when he was fluttering his eyelashes at Arsenal and probably hasn't thought about it since the day he left the club.

There are some great memories of his football but he was a ruthless hired hand who was eyeing his next step from the day he signed and I can't feel much love or emotion at this point for that.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Marko121 said:

We all accept that he will fight with whatever he has at his disposal to win a game or score a goal.  He would sell his grandmother for 3 points.  You love it when players like that play for you.

He now has to accept that, as a crowd, we will do whatever we can do to help  and encourage OUR boys to win a game.

I loved the little fucker whilst he was here, but I don't want to hear his name sung tonight ( unless we beat them 5 nil, and even then, only at the very end of the game ) 

Concentrate on our players 

Totally agree with that.

i have no issue with the shit he pulled in the first leg cause it’s what he does and I still have great fondness for him, but to hell with giving him a great reception.

5 hours ago, Reckoner said:

Give him dogs abuse if it puts him off 

This. He will do anything to win, and so should we.

He’s bringing his family I hear, and it may piss him off if he’s booed in front of them before and during the game. Could push him into doing something stupid and get himself sent off. Not saying I believe it will, but worth trying.

I love what he did for us 5 years ago. He’s got the mentality I like in a footballer. No reason imo to boo him.

But this love-in with us pisses me off. What does he expect? Some sort of a family reunion where we all clap him and his Barca team off to the final? Fat chance “Branco”! The only treat we’ll give you is wishes for an early summer holiday.