You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (H) Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg 7/5/19

Bjornebye

1 minute ago, Reckoner said:

City draw tonight, we win tomorrow 3-0 take it to pens and win, He who died for our sins missing the crucial ‘spot kick’

Won't be a crucial spot kick

Alisson will save all 5

27 minutes ago, DirkDiggledinho said:

I was dejected on Wednesday, but I just have a funny feeling for some reason that at Anfield, on a European night, we might at least make this closer than anyone expects. It could be something like a heartbreaking 4-1, or we might just play out of our skins and do the seemingly impossible.

Fucking Roma did them last year, albeit with an away goal, so there is a bit of fragility there. They'll be turning up expecting a nice smooth progression to the final. We have to do everything we can to piss all over their parade.

I felt like that until Mo and Bobby out.

Anfield atmosphere plus early goal you never know but with Bobby out especially we don’t play half as fluently.

• Upvote 2

As long as he doesn't fuckin play Gomez at RB and Lovren at CB then we're in with a shout. I'd go with this 442 diamond and beat them 5-1. Then again I'm only a wanker so what do I know compared to Klopp.

Alisson

TAA  Matip  VVD  Robbo

Fab

Hendo   Gini

Oxo

Origi   Manè 

I'm fuckin shite.

24 minutes ago, VERBAL DIARRHEA said:

Alisson

TAA  VVD  Matip Robertson

Fabinho 

Henderson AOC

Shaqiri Mane Origi

AOC Gets an hour then bring on Wijnaldum.

looking at that gives me abit of hope 

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

its what kills you.    etc, etc

YNWA

RIP

very true mate but i look back over the years at teams that we have played on a european night and the odds were stacked against us where nobody expected us to pull off the impossible yet we somehow managed it ie Dortmund and AC milan in 2005.I do think Barca showed there hand abit with the onslaught they expect by resting the whole first team over the weekend....aslong as we don't go out with a whimper we can hold our heads high and be proud 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, suzy said:

I felt like that until Mo and Bobby out.

Anfield atmosphere plus early goal you never know but with Bobby out especially we don’t play half as fluently.

Yeah, with those two on the pitch I might have fancied "something strange to happen", but there's practically no chance we're overturning a three-goal deficit against one of the best teams in Europe without Salah and Firmino, especially as they're being replaced, in all likelihood, with Origi and Shaqiri. They'll also have been well rested while we had a big game 72 hours prior. I mean, obviously, come on to fuck, let's try our best to do it, but it's a practically impossible task IMO. 

• Upvote 1

If City were to drop points then I would be in favour of just playing the U23s against Barca.

Semi-final or no semi-final, the Wolves game would then be our most important game since Istanbul. And yes, I'm including the two CL finals since then in that as well. Couldn't be risking an injury to Mane or van Dijk or something daft if there were to be a game of that magnitude coming up on Sunday.

If City win tonight then we may as well have a go. Go with Origi and Mane up front and just run at them. If we get a goal back in the first half, then who knows? Anfield has certainly been the scene of bigger comebacks, though not many.

3 hours ago, Jairzinho said:

Brewster on the bench. Comes on to score in the 96th minute to make it 5-1.

Headline writers’ dream if he got the goal that was worth a fortune financially.

BREWSTER’S VAST AMOUNT OF WEALTH FOR REDS  or something similar. 

• Upvote 1