You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (H) Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg 7/5/19

Bjornebye

On 05/05/2019 at 19:21, Elite said:

If any team can do this, it's us.

On 07/05/2019 at 19:00, Special K said:

We're fucking doing this tonight.

I have absolutely nothing but blind faith to base this on but we're fucking doing it

• Upvote 1

When the virusy thing clears, the last 24 months of this team will be legendary. Given the way the game has changed since the 80's-90's, it is ridiculous the sustained brilliance these fellas have put out there. They stand amongst the greatest sides LFC have had.

Still fucking grinning just thinking about it now, genuinely one of the best moments of my life. Was just absolutely perfect, don’t think I will ever see a greater thing in sport in my life. To those absolute gobshites who are so quick to tell us that football doesn’t matter, go and watch that.

• Upvote 2

• 1 year later...

2 years ago, where does the time go? Still makes me emotional looking at it. That’s it, that is what the game is about. You could be forgiven for forgetting after the last 14 months we’ve endured, but life has nothing more special to offer than scenes like on that evening. I’m counting the minutes for the return of a packed out Anfield.

I've just watched the Inside Anfield crowd watch video and you know what: fuck it. The atmosphere that night was absolutely bouncing, the noise, the intensity - and we stepped it up and then some, producing our best football when the stakes are highest in front of thousands. The last 12 months has been awful but I'd much, much rather love a team that responds to that, that can perform to its absolute best in that kind of cauldron than one that feeds off the emptiness of stadiums.

City and Chelsea dominating in the absence of fans is fitting. We'll be back when we're back.

• Upvote 5

39 minutes ago, Manny said:

I've just watched the Inside Anfield crowd watch video and you know what: fuck it. The atmosphere that night was absolutely bouncing, the noise, the intensity - and we stepped it up and then some, producing our best football when the stakes are highest in front of thousands. The last 12 months has been awful but I'd much, much rather love a team that responds to that, that can perform to its absolute best in that kind of cauldron than one that feeds off the emptiness of stadiums.

City and Chelsea dominating in the absence of fans is fitting. We'll be back when we're back.

This is like all thr leagues Everton won during the war years. They're not real.

I thought we could do it. I didn’t necessarily think we would, but I thought we could

For anybody forgetting how stellar Fabinho & Hendo are in the midfield and how much we’ve missed them, should watch this game back. Both we absolutely incredible in this game. 

Stick VVD and another centre back in, alongside those 2 in and another in midfield and I bet we start ticking again next season. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I thought we could do it. I didn’t necessarily think we would, but I thought we could

For anybody forgetting how stellar Fabinho & Hendo are in the midfield and how much we’ve missed them, should watch this game back. Both we absolutely incredible in this game. 

Stick VVD and another centre back in, alongside those 2 in and another in midfield and I bet we start ticking again next season. 

Yes, Fabinho was a clear man of the match for me despite the heroics elsewhere. Unbelievable display, especially after being on a yellow from so early. 

1 minute ago, dockers_strike said:

Thought we'd win on the night but conceed a goal or 2 so lose on aggregate. I actually said "fuck me, we've done it!" when Div scored his 2nd and the 4th.

Never been more confident going into a game than when walking up to the ground. Even after I'd seen the team news I knew deep down we'd fuck them simply because the crowd weren't there to let us bow out with a whimper. Until of course we went 3 nil up and I had to hold shit in like every other Red. The 4th was great but they still only needed a goal. The Chelsea semi finals were great but this was our generations St Etienne. 

Manny has hit the nail on the head above there. No chance we're in this position with fans in the stadium. 

6 minutes ago, Stickman said:

I’m sure these two would agree it was a helluva night 

Hahaha I was at a work meeting in London that morning and Lineker was stood right near me at Euston before getting on the Liverpool train. I hadn't seen that clip or I'd have called him a tit. 

4 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

Yes, Fabinho was a clear man of the match for me despite the heroics elsewhere. Unbelievable display, especially after being on a yellow from so early. 

Yep. One of the best performances I’ve seen in a red shirt.

That yellow was a joke as well!

Hendo was superb as well. 

Having those 2 missing from midfield all season has been as damaging as missing VVD. 

Messi was phenomenal that night. Despite the rest of his side wilting like steamed spinach, he was absolutely brilliant.