You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (H) Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg 7/5/19

Bjornebye

18 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

Lets not dwell on this like Dortmund and make sure it counts for something by winning the trophy. I really hope this breaks Jurgen's finals jinx.

This is so true. Let's not make beating Barcelona our Everest. In three weeks time we meet our Everest. It was great, but it's been done now. We move on. Wolves and then Spurs. Eye's on the prize now, no fucking about congratulating ourselves before the job is done.

6 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Still can't believe we're in the final again.   For the second year fucking running. 

This is no fluke.   Players will be desperate to join in the summer.   Perhaps only man city, PSG and the other mancs will have more pull in the summer.  Simply cause of throwing stupid money around for two of them. 

While I agree the pull we should have will be great because of the football we play and of course Klopp. However you've left out the massive draw that is everton and their new stadium, I think we could struggle once world class players see the mock up drawings of Bramley Moore and hear about their list of firsts. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, 16613 said:

While I agree the pull we should have will be great because of the football we play and of course Klopp. However you've left out the massive draw that is everton and their new stadium, I think we could struggle once world class players see the mock up drawings of Bramley Moore and hear about their list of firsts. 

There can't be a footballer with the right attitude who wouldn't want to play for Klopp. He's worth several million more in terms of our transfer budget.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 16613 said:

Just listening to that bloke's accent reminded me of something I'd more or less forgotten: we played a proper, 100 miles an hour, full-on, nerve-shredding, blood-and-snot-flying battle against a determined and overperforming Newcastle just a few days before the Barcelona match.  That just makes the achievement even more remarkable.

2 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

There can't be a footballer with the right attitude who wouldn't want to play for Klopp. He's worth several million more in terms of our transfer budget.

The right attitude is the key there.  You just know that twats like Neymar and Pogba wouldn't fancy it and Klopp wouldn't want them. It's so obvious that you need superhuman fitness and you need to be a "fucking mentality giant" to play at this club that preening, self-important ponces will take themselves elsewhere, leaving us to attract the players with the right stuff.

2 hours ago, Caramac said:

Lovely stuff.

Our Captain, though.  Even in the goal celebration huddle for 4-0, it looks like he's laying down the law, reminding everyone to focus.  And at the final whistle, he looks ready to be tagged and bagged.

Surely his most impressive performance since Kenny signed him all those years ago.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Spoke to my Dad on Wednesday and he said he had heard Lawrenson before the game on radio Merseyside (I think that's what he was on) and he was saying we have no chance of winning. I cant stand Lawrenson but he is spot on with all that. Surprising to see him speak so highly of the current set-up as well. he has always struck me as a jealous bastard who wants the glory days kept back in his days. 

I heard him on five live and he said he thought we’d win, but go out. I think most people thought that.

After the away game against this lot in 2007, I got chatting to a Barca fan who had been to Anfield in 2001. He said he had also been to Celtic, OT, turkey and other places but felt the atmosphere at our place topped the lot.

im guessing Tuesday did not do anything to change his view

1 hour ago, 1892-LFCWasBorn said:

Fucking hell, it's got me again. It's 4 days since I was there and it still hasn't really sunk in. I'm still watching clips and the extended commentary above just reminded me so much of my childhood listening to our games on Radio Merseyside, I'm a blubbering mess again.