You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (H) Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg 7/5/19

Bjornebye

I've upset my mrs though I cant think the fuck why. 

After Kiev she booked us a hotel room in Madrid for 2 nights for 31/5 and 1/6, booking.com free cancellation,fair play to her. Anyway looked at flights straight after the game and could literally watch the prices go up like a fruit machine. She came up with some at about £2k for the pair, when I suggested I could get them for half that she asked how, I responded by telling her she could stay at fucking home. She go crazy

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Saintslfc13 said:

Best footballer ever is debatable but best athlete ever?! Not having that at all. There are better athletes running track for example. In terms of football fake Ronaldo is a far better athlete. Hell Dirk Kuyt was a better athlete.

I mean in the sportsman sense not physical capabilities.

3 minutes ago, A Red said:

I've upset my mrs though I cant think the fuck why. 

After Kiev she booked us a hotel room in Madrid for 2 nights for 31/5 and 1/6, booking.com free cancellation,fair play to her. Anyway looked at flights straight after the game and could literally watch the prices go up like a fruit machine. She came up with some at about £2k for the pair, when I suggested I could get them for half that she asked how, I responded by telling her she could stay at fucking home. She go crazy

So you'll be going to Madrid and your bollocks will be at home in a jar on the mantlepiece. Nice work

29 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Great Arabic commentary in this video, especially when he has to resort to English because there must be no equivalent Arabic word.

Ace . Sky need to bin off the two manc muppets and get this fella sign up

7 hours ago, Anubis said:

If a picture summed up  a game. Barca kick off after our fourth goal. Messi dejected. Wiji defiant.

Lionel Messi dejected after the fourth goal at Anfield.

And Milner ready to pounce.  The relentlessness of this team has me ready to run through walls. Unbelievable from Klopp. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Section_31 said:

This is why I can't be arsed with this place these days, opening gambit is to be belligerent.

Claiming Messi is 'the greatest player who ever lived' as I so often read now is footballing hipster behaviour of the highest order. Fifa generation football fandom at its worst. Skillful player scores loads of goals in world's best team year after year ergo he's the best player who's ever lived. It's like the people who try and tell people Gary Neville is a good pundit and when  you say he's not, crack on that you're some kind of footballing philistine peddling sour grapes because you can't rise above petty rivalry like  they have. 

I didn't say these things about Messi because he, erm, what? He wasn't playing for Liverpool? I said it because I've seen no reason to justify the bizarre wankathon  that's accompanied his presence in this tie. 

Best player in the world no doubt, has been for a number of years - but the 'best player who ever lived'. The fuck? What evidence are we basing that on beyond the fact he played in one of the two teams in Spain who are the only ones who ever win anything, surrounded by world class players and who has never, ever performed to the same standard for his country or played anywhere like Italy or England where he might get the odd slap. Zidane used to get lumps kicked out of him for Juventus and still land the ball on Inzhagi's head 

Press triangle and watch Messi pass yay. 

Don’t agree with your view of Messi but agree with your opening sentence 100%