You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (H) Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg 7/5/19

Bjornebye

13 minutes ago, andyj said:

yeah his lack of game time showed lastnight but he didnt stop chasing the ball 

The second half he was unreal. It was an amazing turn around from the first half.  Fair play to the lad.

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Everything changed last night.

Successful people and organisations, whether they're great actors, bands, or even empires, elicit jealousy and resentment from those around them. 

But at certain points in history which are all too few, they achieve a level of such mastery that even their most bitter detractors have no choice but to sit back and admire their sheer magnificence. 

No talk of cheating, no jibes, nothing, just sheer dumbstruck respect and the acceptance that they're privileged to even be fans of the same sport in which such nights and feats are possible. 

Last night was when LFC broke English football.

Except for Everton fans

I've done nothing in work today. I'm just looking at articles and gifs and getting all emotional every time. I know we haven't won anything yet but the manner of that win last night seems like the mother of all victories. I can't give enough praise to the players. They were all superb. Thank you, Klopp. Thank you, LFC.

This will sound bitter but all these fans of other clubs offering their congratulations... fuck off!  They've been taking the piss all season, singing about Gerrard's slip, cheering on Man City, rolling over for Man City, rubbing it in and generally acting like twats.  Now you're trying to gate crash one of our greatest nights and join the party?  This is our team, this is our moment.  Fuck right off!

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Section_31 said:

Everything changed last night.

Successful people and organisations, whether they're great actors, bands, or even empires, elicit jealousy and resentment from those around them. 

But at certain points in history which are all too few, they achieve a level of such mastery that even their most bitter detractors have no choice but to sit back and admire their sheer magnificence. 

No talk of cheating, no jibes, nothing, just sheer dumbstruck respect and the acceptance that they're privileged to even be fans of the same sport in which such nights and feats are possible. 

Last night was when LFC broke English football.

That feels about right.

im Istanbul we had the feeling of a team of destiny. We were nowhere near the best team in England, let alone Europe and had some genuinely limited players besides the spine, but you felt it was meant to be.

gerrard was the talisman but as a team we were different in Europe that year.

last year wasn’t quite the same. We got very hot, and blew teams away, but we had known weaknesses at the back and got fortune when we needed it, and sat on the shoulders of Salah’s goalscorinh form and our relentless energy. Until it ran out.

this year is totally different.

we have no glaring weaknesses. We have the best defense in the league. We have a goalkeeper that makes game winning contributions, the best centre back in the world and a partner that looks so comfortable and confident beside him. We have the best attacking fullback combo in the world as far as I can tell.

we have a midfield unit that hunts and harries but has quality on the ball.

we have 3 world class attackers who play even better as the sum of their parts.

but more than that... we got there without two of them. We got there against all the odds when we refused to accept the inevitable defeat. We have a winners mentality. We have experience of being there. We have a manager that inspires belief in everyone who hears his words and we have a wonderful TEAM willing to do whatever it takes to win in the best possible way.

couldnt feel more proud of our lads, and couldn’t feel more confident going into the final.

• Upvote 1

Landed about an hour ago. Turned phone on as soon as I could as boarded when we were 3-0 up. Scared the living shit out of a child by screaming "GET IN ORIGI LAD!!!!!"

Probably shouldn't have done it right in her face like but boss result and needed to share it with someone.

Haven't seen the 4th goal yet. Going to grab a coffee and load up the second half, loosen my undies and let Big Div finish me off.

Have that Luis lad, you diving little tit.

Fucking made up.

Just now, Seasons said:

Landed about an hour ago. Turned phone on as soon as I could as boarded when we were 3-0 up. Scared the living shit out of a child by screaming "GET IN ORIGI LAD!!!!!"

Probably shouldn't have done it right in her face like but boss result and needed to share it with someone.

Haven't seen the 4th goal yet. Going to grab a coffee and load up the second half, loosen my undies and let Big Div finish me off.

Have that Luis lad, you diving little tit.

I promise you will have seen it a million times by the end of the day. I can’t stop watching it.

its one of my all time favourite Liverpool goals. For what it meant, for the sheer balls of it, for the quality, for the knowledge that Trent is only 20 years old and has the vision, guts and skill to do what only Gerrard before him might’ve tried at the most critical time of the most important game yet of the season.

just everything about that goal says everything about the player we have on our hands in Trent Alexander-Arnold.

And Div deserves so much credit for the finish.

what an impact that lad has had when we’ve needed him to this year!

• Upvote 2

Still absolutely buzzing after that. 

A much needed shot in the arm after that Kompany goal on Monday night. That sucked the life out of me, footie wise. I was down, thinking that a team who'd performed so well all season would see their season fade out like it looked like it would. 

Nothing is won yet. But, this keeps a dream alive and offers a chance that these players, probably one of the best ever Liverpool teams, could yet win a deserved trophy. 

And, it's a gentle reminder re: the league to never, ever write anything off until it's actually done and dusted. 

3 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

And, it's a gentle reminder re: the league to never, ever write anything off until it's actually done and dusted. 

When things are in our hands we are capable of anything, Brighton are not Liverpool though. 

28 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

I promise you will have seen it a million times by the end of the day. I can’t stop watching it.

its one of my all time favourite Liverpool goals. For what it meant, for the sheer balls of it, for the quality, for the knowledge that Trent is only 20 years old and has the vision, guts and skill to do what only Gerrard before him might’ve tried at the most critical time of the most important game yet of the season.

I keep watching that lightbulb moment when he sees Origi in space and...heck, I know it's going to happen yet by the time I process what he is going to do, the ball's in the back of the net. Incredible.

I just got back home. Stayed in town last night at the Shankley Hotel. In the bridal suite actually.

There's so much I want to tell you about last night. And the experience of the whole  day - but I don't wanna put it in one monolithic post - it'll be too boring. So I'll post a series of little vignettes. 

3 minutes ago, Jennings said:

I just got back home. Stayed in town last night at the Shankley Hotel. In the bridal suite actually.

There's so much I want to tell you about last night. And the experience of the whole  day - but I don't wanna put it in one monolithic post - it'll be too boring. So I'll post a series of little vignettes. 

Shankly and it's Vignal, Grégory Vignal.

5 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Prick teaser 

• Upvote 1

So the day started When @Qwik came to pick me up at about 11:00am. We traveled over with his lad and Corty. It's about 20 minutes from ours to the Shankly Hotel.

It was Qwik's lad's first game - he's 26 mind. They had traveled up from Cambridge.

The mood was weird. I actually said sorry for getting them all tickets and having made them spend a small fortune on travel, hotel and tickets for a game where which was a foregone conclusion. We had no chance.

The responses were that we would just try to have a good day anyway. Enjoy the City then ...at least we could say we had seen Messi play.