You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (H) Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg 7/5/19

Bjornebye

Just want to carry on reading about it and watching the replays over and over again. 

What any amazing night. I didn't think we would go though overall but confident we would win on the night as I thought they would score. 

Messi might be the best player I've ever seen but he's no captain. Where was his leadership, encouragement, lifting his team, not just by his actions but by his words, yet he just walked around as shell shocked as the rest of them when the goal were flying in. 

What a team we have. What a stadium we have. What a set of fans we have. Honoured to call this the club I love. 

• Upvote 7

What a difference 24 hrs makes. Thoroughly depressed all day after the City game thinking we had played so well all season and would fall short and now this result . "Funny old game Saint" as one the more genuine pundits from a bygone era used to say.

4 minutes ago, Sweeney287 said:

Messi might be the best player I've ever seen but he's no captain. Where was his leadership, encouragement, lifting his team, not just by his actions but by his words, yet he just walked around as shell shocked as the rest of them when the goal were flying in. 

Talking of captains, I'm not always on Team Jordan, but fuck me he was the real deal tonight.

• Upvote 5

I said to my family earlier this week that this was going to be another St Etienne. 

I also said that this week is what LFC is all about. Semi final of a European Cup against Barcelona and playing for the title on the last day of the season.

We've never done anything the easy way but the belief in this set of players is down to Kloppo. The man just gets the best out of players. 

I've watched the goals a million times as I'm sure you all have. But the last one, the corner. I think it is actually a deliberate set play. To have the balls to try it at that stage of the game shows just what a talent TAA is. 

Our players all stayed outside the box drawing defenders out to man mark except for Origi. TAA fakes to leave it and Shaqiri walks over which Barcelona then switch off. Watch Shaqiri looking at the big Div and then Trent doubles back and plays it in. Fucking brilliant.

I know there are clichés about us and sometimes it can feel a little cringeworthy but this does mean more.

I don't know what it is but I love it.

• Upvote 1

My missus was working lates so got here about 20 minutes after it finished.

so we’re watching the whole thing again.

83 minutes gone and we’re 4-0 up. Hope we can hold onto it!

get in!!!

There was I time when I thought to myself that I wish that Suarez or Coutinho had stuck around a little bit longer to see a proper big European night at Anfield. 

Well there we go, hope you enjoyed it lads. 

On another note, Alisson kept us in this tie after the team had a couple if wobbles in the first half. He knocked Barca out last year too with roma, some ride he's been on since that tie. 

He's alright this origi bloke, hasn't had much game time but he's done the business when required. 

Shit myself when Hendo was down in the first half, one of our most improved players this season. After we bought Fab I thought he'd struggle to get onto the pitch, turns out that having fab gave Hendo the freedom to reach his potential. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Bob Spunkmouse said:

My missus was working lates so got here about 20 minutes after it finished.

so we’re watching the whole thing again.

83 minutes gone and we’re 4-0 up. Hope we can hold onto it!

get in!!!

But does she know about you and Kelly Brook?

Liam Rosenior talking loads of sense again on the Debate

Making a big point at how this is the first time he has seen Barcelona change their system to try and stop a team rather than just sticking to how they play. How we were better in both legs and very unlucky in the first

• Upvote 1

Surreal. Incredible desire from everyone. The whole team deserve a mention, but Trent... My goodness, that was genius. What a player. 

Barcelona fully shat themselves but it doesn't matter. We force fed them plums and then administered the enema.