You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (H) Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg 7/5/19

Bjornebye

I was more gutted about the first leg result than a lot on here we’re about City’s result last night. We didn’t really expect city to lose yesterday.

I wanted the league more than the European Cup but it would have been brilliant to win it again. Stopped all this ‘Klopp hasn’t won anything ‘ nonsense.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Spurs saying Vertonghen will probably play midweek. How the fuck has he passed the concussion checks and Salah been ruled out. Looked like a drunk at 4am when he got taken off

You taking the piss? 8 days between Vertongens knock and the second leg, 3 days between Mo's knock and the 2nd leg. Hardly comparable. 

21 hours ago, Jenson said:

Lovren & Matip centre half, VVD up front. They won't know what's hit them. 

Not as stupid as it sounds. I'd be playing big Divvy as centre forward and whipping crosses at every opportunity as I think their keeper and centre halves look a bit suspect with them.

I'd go:

Alisson

TAA

Matip

VVD

Robertson 

Fabinho

Henderson 

Milner/Wijnaldum 

Shaqiri

Mane

Origi

Sturridge shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI for this. He can't run. It'll be interesting to see what Brewster can do from the bench, which is where he's likely to feature from according to most reports. 

It's a must win game. We need to play like cunts. Just get it wide and get the crosses in. Try and cause panic. The fullbacks offer that, as would Milner of drifting wide from his central midfield berth. Then, there's Shaqiri. He's looked fairly bright on his recent substitute appearances. Set pieces could be key. Get the powercube whipping them in to the box. Let's, at least, make them fight for a spot in the final. Make it ugly and rough, Redmen! 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Nelly-Torres said:

I'd go:

Alisson

TAA

Matip

VVD

Robertson 

Fabinho

Henderson 

Milner/Wijnaldum 

Shaqiri

Mane

Origi

Sturridge shouldn't be anywhere near the first XI for this. He can't run. It'll be interesting to see what Brewster can do from the bench, which is where he's likely to feature from according to most reports. 

It's a must win game. We need to play like cunts. Just get it wide and get the crosses in. Try and cause panic. The fullbacks offer that, as would Milner of drifting wide from his central midfield berth. Then, there's Shaqiri. He's looked fairly bright on his recent substitute appearances. Set pieces could be key. Get the powercube whipping them in to the box. Let's, at least, make them fight for a spot in the final. Make it ugly and rough, Redmen! 

Agree that surely Sturridge doesn't get anywhere near the starting line-up for this.

I think that's about the best side we could field in the circumstances.

The thing about this Barca side is they don't really have blistering speed on the break like City, PSG or Bayern. Unless Dembele plays then we can pretty much go gung go from the off, get in their faces tackle, tackle, tackle and tackle some more. Keep the heads, don't give them the chance to roll around for 2 minutes at a time.

Starting to feel this isn't as dead as I thought, the 1st big chance must be taken, from there who knows?

11 minutes ago, Jennings said:

Me and Aldo hanging out before the game. As usual. 

82501B44-3F83-4FCE-B53E-F55C545CA066.jpeg

Think I'm in the champions long or club whatever it is later. My mates just messaged me saying no trainees. Been in a fucking suit since 6am this morning was looking forward to wearing my scruffs. Cant complain when its free though. Winkle-pickers time