You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (H) Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg 7/5/19

Bjornebye

1 hour ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

If City were to drop points then I would be in favour of just playing the U23s against Barca.

Semi-final or no semi-final, the Wolves game would then be our most important game since Istanbul. And yes, I'm including the two CL finals since then in that as well. Couldn't be risking an injury to Mane or van Dijk or something daft if there were to be a game of that magnitude coming up on Sunday.

If City win tonight then we may as well have a go. Go with Origi and Mane up front and just run at them. If we get a goal back in the first half, then who knows? Anfield has certainly been the scene of bigger comebacks, though not many.

Could you name them? I'm approaching 50 and I can't think of a single one.

3 minutes ago, stringvest said:

It’s ok.  They were at the cinema together watching Seth Rogen’s latest hilarious mischievous chick flick .  They’ll be fine.

Do you mean the one were his girlfriend/wife is considerably too attractive for him?

In other words every other film.

It'd be glorious to witness the "where's the honesty in the game?" fume from the Bitters and the Mancs if City dropped points tonight and we played the under 23's in a Champions League Semi Final. 

"They're disgracing the competition"

"They need to be banned from next years Champions League for this"

I can see it now.

39 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Spurs saying Vertonghen will probably play midweek. How the fuck has he passed the concussion checks and Salah been ruled out. Looked like a drunk at 4am when he got taken off

I think a concussed player is allowed back after seven days, or have I got that wrong? 

1 hour ago, Lee909 said:

Spurs saying Vertonghen will probably play midweek. How the fuck has he passed the concussion checks and Salah been ruled out. Looked like a drunk at 4am when he got taken off

Because Tottenham are shit at this. We're talking about a club that let Lloris continue a game after taking a knee to the head and being out stone cold.