You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barcelona (H) Champions League Semi Final 2nd Leg 7/5/19

Bjornebye

I don't have much in life. In-fact most of my stuff is in my mates garage in Southsea. 400 miles away. Not a day goes by that I don't hate choices I have made, people I have upset and decisions best kept for the realms of hell. But one thing I have and always will keep with me is my love for the boys in Red. I'm in tears as I type this. We are Liverpool. The is it. 

This is Anfield.

• Upvote 13

Our approach to this game will inevitably be influenced by City's result Monday. By some remote chance they do drop points then the focus will shift to winning the title rather than throwing the kitchen sink at Barca in a do or die effort to salvage the season . If as likely they see off Leicester then we are left without Mo and Bobby looking for a miracle on Tuesday. All said and done I've accepted we will probably come up empty handed but whatever happens I couldn't be prouder of the way we have played this season which was epitomised by the way we got past Newcastle tonight.  

• Upvote 3

I'll be honest, if the impossible happens, and Leicester somehow get a result against city tomorrow night. Then in my opinion we should play the under tens against Barcelona. 

There really wouldn't be any point in risking any players if all we had to do was beat wolves to finally break our hoodoo. 

Failing Leicester pulling off a miracle though. Then I think we have to throw the kitchen sink at barca. 

I'd even have brewster on the bench. Unsure on Sturridge. He's been appalling this season, barring some goals early on in the season. 

Odds for LFC to qualify went up to 13.00 (decimal) after Mo’s injury. Was 11.00 before.

I wanna win (both) so badly, Leicester is in good form at the moment so maybe maybe.. Get a 0-0 1st half and then anything is possible. 

Barca without Mo and Bobby, I think we might end up 3-1 or something. But I really really despise the fuckers, so 5-1!

Keep doing everything we've done well all season, do better at everything we haven't, do whatever it takes to win etc etc...

Miracles can and do happen. Boy oh boy are we and Klopp due a hefty stroke of luck this week after being bridesmaids in everything we've challenged for under him.

12 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

I don't have much in life. In-fact most of my stuff is in my mates garage in Southsea. 400 miles away. Not a day goes by that I don't hate choices I have made, people I have upset and decisions best kept for the realms of hell. But one thing I have and always will keep with me is my love for the boys in Red. I'm in tears as I type this. We are Liverpool. The is it. 

This is Anfield.

Right which one of you cunts logged on as me last night? 

• Upvote 1

The biggest issue is the away goal. 

If they score we need 5. 

Need to try and hit them early and get 2 nil up by 60 mins. 

Worth remembering we need a 3-0 to get ET. 

I think we win by a couple. Or get caught out on the break and the game just turns into a training game to play out time. 

Firmino was not even close to himself when he came on - he won't play again this year.

Klopp does not see this as a one off challenge (in the league or the CL) the way some fans do. It is a natural progression and the expectations will be similar next year - no way he risks a long term injury w Bobby.