You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) 4/5/19 Premier League

Bjornebye

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All season long, I've been following the TLW match threads if our game is on Sky and I'm not watching in a pub or at someone else's house. At home I have BT Sport so I've watched all our live games on there. I've watched less live football this season than at any time over the past 20-odd years.

That means I'm straining to follow what's going on when every other post is a "FFS!" or "Cunts!". I wonder how we've managed to concede a goal in that moment, but it ends up being something trivial like giving the ball away in a non-threatening area upfield or not being 5-0 up at half time against one of the league's dregs.

I see plenty of melts being extremely negative and downbeat. To a point I understand it because we have been down the so-near-and-yet-so-far road many times before, there's always that thought that it will go pear-shaped just when we think we're on the cusp of something special. It's just that in these match threads, you'd think we were Huddersfield or somebody equally shit.

Earlier, among the many posts slating Sturridge and/or Lovren, some dickhead posted that they aren't even Championship standard players. After that, another absolute ballbag suggested there are at least a dozen players playing 10 divisions below who could do a better job than those two!

It's not all eye aids on here though. I love the "SALAHHHHH AKHBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR!" posts that Jarv comes out with, and also Stringy's withering "Wind yer bloody neck in!" diatribes at the highly strung posters on here.

Anyway, the game.

It would be great if opponents put this sort of effort in at the business end against whoever we're fighting for the title. In 2009, everybody either laid down against the red Mancs, or whenever they actually had a go, Howard Webb and others were there to put a stop to it. In 2014, the blue Mancs had game after game against teams who were safe from relegation and already on their summer holidays.

The team keep finding a way to overcome adversity that deserves a massive reward of silverware for their efforts. I just wish that reward was actually realised instead of being taken away by teams with an unfair financial advantage, refereeing advantage or others kowtowing to the whims of a knight of the realm.

• Upvote 5

With the amount of winners we've scored after 85+ minutes this season it's difficult for me to ever worry too much. We keep fighting, and we keep pulling it out of the bag.

It's just what we do, golden sky after the storm and all that. 

Leicester are still in a fight for 7th and a possible European spot, they beat City, and we return the favour by beating wolves and everyone is happy. 

Barca are in for a shock on Tuesday, we're gonna properly shaft them. 

Thedrowningcunt needs banning if we win something this season. 

• Upvote 1

Most goals from set pieces. Two more tonight.

Most goals in last fifteen minutes. Another tonight.

And Newcastle fans can fuck off. The shit they’ve given us this season after we replenished their foodbank, and the sad arse booing tonight. Fuck them. I hope Rafa gets a better job in the summer, and they can fuck off to the Championship next season.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rushies tash said:

Would like to see it again, but I'm sure Mo got a shove from the defender which sent him into the keepers thigh. In fact, Newcastle were pulling that shit all night unpunished.

Yep, noticed that. 

Also, where's the neck brace?? The head injury protocol for the game is still a joke. 

Just now, El Rojo said:

Delighted that Fabinho completely bought that free kick from Ritchie, who spent the whole game kicking our players without sanction. 

The cheek of the cunt wagging his finger in the linesman's face after the shit he got away with during the match. 

Isn't that in itself a borderline yellow for dissent?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Delighted that Fabinho completely bought that free kick from Ritchie, who spent the whole game kicking our players without sanction. 

Yup. The little rat should have been off after twenty minutes.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, El Rojo said:

Delighted that Fabinho completely bought that free kick from Ritchie, who spent the whole game kicking our players without sanction. He’s got a welcome dose of cynicism about him, Fabs. 

Karma coming round.  It was ace.