You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) 4/5/19 Premier League

Bjornebye

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

A Cat who ate some nettle and managed to shit it out without being stung, against all odds. 

A dog with a perfectly timed run into a butcher's shop who emerges seconds later with a string of sausages in his mouth and an irate butcher in pursuit.

1 hour ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

My nightmare is dropping points here to Rafa of all people and then city dropping points v Leicester. Lets just win these last 2 games.

Yeah me too. We win our two games and we have a real chance. 

City are a great side, but there are plenty of examples of great teams folding under stress. 

We are beating Wolves final day and if heading deep into the second half against Brighton it's scoreless, then the stress will impact on even them.

5 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’m not feeling especially positive about this game. Wednesday was an excellent performance but one that will have been tiring and demoralising. I see Newcastle getting at least a point, giving City the opportunity to take it easy against Leicester.

So just how you usually feel then ?

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TheDrowningMan said:

I’m not feeling especially positive about this game. Wednesday was an excellent performance but one that will have been tiring and demoralising. I see Newcastle getting at least a point, giving City the opportunity to take it easy against Leicester.

I bet you can.

Our recent record there is brutal, 1-1 last season, 15/16 lost 2-0, 14/15 lost 1-0, 13/14 drew 2-2 when they were down to 10 men at 1-1. Odd as we used to have a field day there, this will be tough but I’m confident we can grind a win out, hopefully they won’t completely park the bus as they don’t have anything really riding on it.

3 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Given that Newcastle have nothing to lose, I think Rafa would be doing their fans an appalling disservice if he fails to send them out to attack.

Completely agree. He should plan 10 up front and have a sweeper keeper on the halfway line.

4 hours ago, TheDrowningMan said:

Given that Newcastle have nothing to lose, I think Rafa would be doing their fans an appalling disservice if he fails to send them out to attack.

Really?

You think he'll take their fans into account in deciding how he'll approach a game of football tactically?  

I suspect he'll manage as he customarily manages, not for Newcastle supporters, nor for us.

And hopefully our quality will win the day.

1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What kind of fucking time is that for a kick off?

A shit one.

4.45 on a Sunday morning for the likes of me.

Which, on reflection, is probably better that quarter-to-eight on a Saturday night for you.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, LFC 5 Times said:

Our recent record there is brutal, 1-1 last season, 15/16 lost 2-0, 14/15 lost 1-0, 13/14 drew 2-2 when they were down to 10 men at 1-1. Odd as we used to have a field day there, this will be tough but I’m confident we can grind a win out, hopefully they won’t completely park the bus as they don’t have anything really riding on it.

Mad that because at Anfield I think we have a great record against them. 

3 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What kind of fucking time is that for a kick off?

Was originally 4 or 4.30 on Sunday but was changed  because of Barcelona on the Tuesday.

I think the late Saturday kick off is a new thing for Sky this season.

Personally for this weekend it suits me well!

3 hours ago, suzy said:

Was originally 4 or 4.30 on Sunday but was changed  because of Barcelona on the Tuesday.

I think the late Saturday kick off is a new thing for Sky this season.

Personally for this weekend it suits me well!

Think I read somewhere that it was first moved to Saturday 12.30. Klopp complained about that because it left too little time to recover from the Barca away, and then it was moved to 7.45.

11 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Think I read somewhere that it was first moved to Saturday 12.30. Klopp complained about that because it left too little time to recover from the Barca away, and then it was moved to 7.45.

Yet another example of Klopp treating the fans with contempt.

• Downvote 1

16 minutes ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

I hadn’t heard that, good for Klopp, he hates those early kick offs!

6 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

Yet another example of Klopp treating the fans with contempt.

Better for me haha. 

Im not aware of him treating the fans with contempt? What else has he done? I would say there is a good rapport between him and the fans.

On 01/05/2019 at 22:16, Bjornebye said:

This is the moment where people running a marathon get too tired and give up or carry on

A boxer takes too many punches and takes a knee.... or carries on fighting 

A great white shark who hasn't eaten in days turns upside down and lets itself dies or leaps out the sea to catch a fucking helicopter and eat them 

Get into these Reds. Nothing is over yet. No-one writes rules. No higher being has said that anything is over. This side has a magic we haven't seen in 29 years. Something has to give. We have something special happening. 

YNWA means something. 

I’ve just been reciting this in the gym.  The weights room is now a mass of tangled metal and the treadmill’s on fire. 

Thats the hardest 1k that machine has ever experienced.