You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) 4/5/19 Premier League

Bjornebye

This is the moment where people running a marathon get too tired and give up or carry on

A boxer takes too many punches and takes a knee.... or carries on fighting 

A great white shark who hasn't eaten in days turns upside down and lets itself dies or leaps out the sea to catch a fucking helicopter and eat them 

Get into these Reds. Nothing is over yet. No-one writes rules. No higher being has said that anything is over. This side has a magic we haven't seen in 29 years. Something has to give. We have something special happening. 

YNWA means something. 

• Upvote 7

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do what we've been doing well all season, and none of what we haven't. Do whatever it takes to win, etc etc...

Cast aside all thoughts of the Barca result and don't let the season peter out into a damp squib.

30 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

This is the moment where people running a marathon get too tired and give up or carry on

A boxer takes too many punches and takes a knee.... or carries on fighting 

A great white shark who hasn't eaten in days turns upside down and lets itself dies or leaps out the sea to catch a fucking helicopter and eat them 

Get into these Reds. Nothing is over yet. No-one writes rules. No higher being has said that anything is over. This side has a magic we haven't seen in 29 years. Something has to give. We have something special happening. 

YNWA means something. 

A hibernating squirrel who thinks he’s run out of food and finds a big fucking bag of nuts in the cupboard .

5 minutes ago, El Rojo said:

A hibernating squirrel who thinks he’s run out of food and finds a big fucking bag of nuts in the cupboard .

A Cat who ate some nettle and managed to shit it out without being stung, against all odds. 

I think we’ll see some rotation here. Expect all the outfield players that were on the bench tonight to start. I think this would’ve happened irrespective of the result at Barca, three decisive games in less than a week leaves you with no

choice.

Edit: An option would be to priorize the league, play the best team at Newcastle and consequently play a tired or weakened team in the second leg against Barca. I dont think that will happen, and I dont think it should. Mad as it sounds I still have a feeling we’re more likely to win the CL than the league.

Tonight will be tough to get out of our system. It's the worse way to lose, not deserving to. At least not 3 fucking nil. Klopp will have a hard time picking them up as it seemed the world was against us tonight. 

I'd just go at them hell for leather and try get a few goals up. We can then see out the game in a controlled, non energy sapping way. 

If nothing else, I just want to win this game and take it to the last 90 minutes of the season.

I'll be bitterly bitterly disappointed with second - it will mean nothing - but the devastation of dropping points at Newcastle doesn't bear thinking about for me.

I'm proud of the boys efforts, but I want to be as proud as I possibly can be - in possible despair.

Win please.

5 hours ago, Joey8FrogsLegs said:

Mad as it sounds I still have a feeling we’re more likely to win the CL than the league.

Not mad - it's still in our hands in the CL. 

The League we can do nothing about if City win their remaining games. 

Proud of our team. Great to see us on the up and I'm looking forward to seeing what we do over the next few years regardless of how this season ends. 

Going to be tough after last night but we came back after losing to City earlier in the season and this side can do it again.

City fans and players will be thinking we've gone now so let's prove those money doping spoilt bastards wrong and eek out a win which not saying will win us the league but if you are one of those money doping spoilt bastards then you wake up Sunday morning thinking "fucking hell we are going to have to win those last two games now". 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Stickman said:

Going to be tough after last night but we came back after losing to City earlier in the season and this side can do it again.

City fans and players will be thinking we've gone now so let's prove those money doping spoilt bastards wrong and eek out a win which not saying will win us the league but if you are one of those money doping spoilt bastards then you wake up Sunday morning thinking "fucking hell we are going to have to win those last two games now". 

This ffs!

I'm suffering from hope fatigue to be honest. I'm sort of ambivalent now the wind has well and truly been roundhoused out of my system.

I hope the players tails are up and they fucking batter them. Will be a tough game of course so any sort of win will do. Make my Funk the P-Funk.

We're fuckin shite.