You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Draft idea for after the Season

Lee909

Guest Alex_K

Pirlo was good but doesn't merit conversations with the great I think. Xavi & Modric both much better CVs from the same era. 

Kroll was a great pick for 78 too. Arguably the 3 best defenders from that period have gone unpicked.

18 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

I always think Pirlo gets underrated in these sorts of drafts because of how laid back he was.

He was an incredible player though. Milan must regret writing him off when they did.

Not just Milan but Inter let him go to Milan. They also let another play go too, can't say who yet though with draft. Inter are useless at Transfer. At least until they swindled Barcelona with the *names removed* deal

13 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Pirlo was better than Modric but don't talk about players not picked yet

5 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

Not just Milan but Inter let him go to Milan. They also let another play go too, can't say who yet though with draft. Inter are useless at Transfer. At least until they swindled Barcelona with the Zlatan Eto'o deal

Haha.

Guest Alex_K
22 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

78 was the year i was most worried about as it's the  tournament i knew the least about. It was really interesting reading up on it though, and plenty of good players to choose from.

Likewise - 78 actually had a stronger batch than 86 I think. Also interesting how some major countries would habitually be missing from World Cups back then - nowadays it's harder not to qualify than the opposite.

6 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Anyone be around in the morning I can leave a pick with if I can't go before I finish work. 

I'll take it if you still need to leave it with someone. I'm on days today, from 07:00 - 19:00.