You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Draft idea for after the Season

Lee909

13 minutes ago, Alex_K said:

Neeskens was the best pure 78er going (Dalglish and Souness both exceptional choices from that batch too).

By performances just in 78 then possibly. But for players that played in 78 either before or after their peak then its not him for me. 

Dalglish or Souness would have been my preference for obvious reasons, but after that I wanted either Tardelli or Gentile. Both brilliant players but also mega hard cunts as well.

Hugo Sanchez was the other one I considered. Used to love watching him.

Yeah I was looking at Sanchez for my 94 pick. But needed to use it elsewhere. I got who I wanted from the 78 world cup in the 3rd round. Having Platini helped as I knew he could take spots in 78,82 and 86. 

Rivelino was past his best by 78 but in 70 and 74 he was superb. He was the player Maradona wanted to be as a kid which tells you everything

Everyone needs to keep a eye on their squads now to make sure they fit in correctly with the rules. 

38 minutes ago, MegadriveMan said:

You have to pick one from each year and he's picked a player from 1978, and my player only played in 78 also.  He can't pick the player I picked otherwise he wouldn't get all 11 world cups in.

Yep fair one sorry mate. Sorry about that. 

I had Neeskens in a previous draft and it didn't go down that well even though he was a great player. 

Passarella was one of the top picks from 78. 

4 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep fair one sorry mate. Sorry about that. 

I had Neeskens in a previous draft and it didn't go down that well even though he was a great player. 

Passarella was one of the top picks from 78. 

I wad thinking the same when you picked Pirlo.

Ive always thought he has been criminally underrated when ive had him in drafts