You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Draft idea for after the Season

Lee909

1 hour ago, DimReaper said:

I actually have an idea for a draft, for the first time ever. It goes like this:

You have to pick players based on how many international caps they have.

You must have one player from each of these ranges - 0-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 61-70, 71-80, 81-90, 91-100, 100+.

Any player ever - i.e they could have been capped in 1954 or 2019.

One player from each nation maximum.

I'm not entirely sure how tricky or otherwise that would be but my instinct is it could be quite tricky.

There was definitely a caps draft on here a few years ago, was different though. 

1 hour ago, DimReaper said:

I actually have an idea for a draft, for the first time ever. It goes like this:

You have to pick players based on how many international caps they have.

You must have one player from each of these ranges - 0-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 61-70, 71-80, 81-90, 91-100, 100+.

Any player ever - i.e they could have been capped in 1954 or 2019.

One player from each nation maximum.

I'm not entirely sure how tricky or otherwise that would be but my instinct is it could be quite tricky.

Count me in.

Less voting. More drafting.

• Upvote 1

It's probably not the preference of the usual participants, but if there are draft concepts that are more catered towards present players or at least 2000 to now, I'll participate for sure.

Not much point of me entering drafts with loads of older players/football legends and such. 

Also an idea could be an official language draft. For example, only pick players from nations with French as an official language. You'd have a nice mix of a couple of European powerhouses in France and Belgium plus a bunch of African countries and you could put a cap of players per nation to make it more interesting. Could do official Spanish speaking countries too. 

I'm a fan of the category ones. For example:

- Made his professional first team debut on or after 1/1/18

- Played for AC Milan at any point in between 1/1/1998 and 31/12/2000

- English but never capped 

- Croatian who made his international debut on or after 1/1/1990

- World Cup winner 1986 to the present day 

- Has scored in an FA Cup Final

- Over 30 caps for Holland

- Scottish Cup winner 1990 onwards 

- Only ever played for 1 club professionally and is now retired 

- Played in the inaugural Premier League campaign

- Has captained his international side since 1/1/1990 

36 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I like the idea of a European Championships draft.

1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, maximum 2 picks from each year, maximum 2 picks from a country. 

Yeah this would be good 

37 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

I like the idea of a European Championships draft.

1996, 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, 2016, maximum 2 picks from each year, maximum 2 picks from a country. 

I like it.

1 pick per country though I’d say 

• Upvote 1

Guest Alex_K

The poor picks are the differentiator. Clearly it's difficult to objectively separate players of a certain level - whereas players across different levels place more emphasis on fundamentally getting the structure of the team right

Guest Alex_K

Not at all. You will never find a draft that consists of 8-10 good players only (which is the usual criteria). The team that picks last has the advantage of taking 2 picks at once. Often that's more valuable than picking a lone pick first as you can react to what's already chosen. If we looked I bet an equal amount of final- pickers win vs first- pickers.