You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Draft idea for after the Season

Lee909

35 minutes ago, Dynamite said:

I'd be up for that. 1976 - 2016.

It would be tough though, as there were only 4 teams in the 1976 tournament. Then 8 teams per tournament from 1980 until they doubled the number of teams to 16 in 1996. The last expansion for the 2016 tournament increased the number of sides to 24.

We'd have to jig it around a bit and come up with slightly more accommodating rules. If we have ten people+ playing you can't expect them to all pick a player from just four teams, two of which were Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia.

7 minutes ago, Sugar Ape said:

We'd have to jig it around a bit and come up with slightly more accommodating rules. If we have ten people+ playing you can't expect them to all pick a player from just four teams, two of which were Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia.

You saying we aren't all capable of 'gettin jiggy with it'? 

2 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

You saying we aren't all capable of 'gettin jiggy with it'? 

I am. Ardja took about 12 hours to decide on Toni Kroos, we'll be here until the start of next season trying to get him to decide between Přemysl Bičovský and Vahid Halilhodžić.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

84, 88, 92, 96, 00, 04, 08, 12, 16 but when all players are ready to go they have to stipulate before making any picks, 2 championships where they intend to pick 2 players from. They can’t change that during selections they have to stick to it.

Whilst this current one has been good so far, Its also been relatively easy. I think allowing 1 player per nation makes it far more difficult. Obviously with a European Championship one that makes things even harder but I am up for the challenge?

Anyway go fuck yourself Stig we’ve still got this one to finish.

4 hours ago, Sugar Ape said:

I am. Ardja took about 12 hours to decide on Toni Kroos, we'll be here until the start of next season trying to get him to decide between Přemysl Bičovský and Vahid Halilhodžić.

It was between Kroos and Möller, and it took only 5-6 hours. 

24 minutes ago, viRdjil said:

I think we should be allowed to post the voting thread in the main football forum. 

I don't think it should. The draft subsection was added as people where sick of the drafts in the FF. 

18 minutes ago, Lee909 said:

I don't think it should. The draft subsection was added as people where sick of the drafts in the FF. 

I agree. 

Just have to make sure everyone who participated fucking votes unlike the last few. 

Guest Alex_K

The main forum is halfway to being a graveyard as it is - it would be a huge inconvenience to add an actually active thread to it.

Add it to the main thread.

I think the selection one gets annoying because its being updated regularly throughout the day and its only of interest to the people playing but the voting one  is different as its interesting hearing the discussions and peoples reasoning, plus the poll  doesn't show up if people want to vote without saying anything either.

• Upvote 1

I actually have an idea for a draft, for the first time ever. It goes like this:

You have to pick players based on how many international caps they have.

You must have one player from each of these ranges - 0-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 61-70, 71-80, 81-90, 91-100, 100+.

Any player ever - i.e they could have been capped in 1954 or 2019.

One player from each nation maximum.

I'm not entirely sure how tricky or otherwise that would be but my instinct is it could be quite tricky.

Just now, DimReaper said:

I actually have an idea for a draft, for the first time ever. It goes like this:

You must have one player from each of these ranges - 0-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, 41-50, 51-60, 61-70, 71-80, 81-90, 91-100, 100+.

I'm not entirely sure how tricky or otherwise that would be but my instinct is it could be quite tricky.

Sounds interesting. I think it’d be tricky myself.

2 minutes ago, DimReaper said:

I'd change the date range from 1990 onwards to be fair. 

Be a tough fucker that one. Might have given me a semi. Which is ironic seeing as thats about as far as I get in these fucking things. 

3 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I'd change the date range from 1990 onwards to be fair. 

Be a tough fucker that one. Might have given me a semi. Which is ironic seeing as thats about as far as I get in these fucking things. 

If there was to be a year involved, I'd say from 1960 onwards would be reasonable.