You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Oxlade-Chamberlain: I am aiming to return as a better player 

tlw content

The 5-0 victory against Huddersfield on Friday was one of those games that leaves you with a warm glow inside as a supporter.

While the pressure to register another win in the title race was at its optimal level, the players responded in kind with a complete performance.

There was also a opportunity for Jurgen Klopp to give a run-out to 'forgotten man' Xherdan Shaqiri and a player who has been through injury hell over the past 12 months in Alex Oxlade -Chamberlain.

There is bound to be a range of thoughts that go through a players' mind when they are watching on from the sidelines.

What makes it harder is when the team is playing at such a high level like Liverpool have been doing this whole season.

Your only wish is to be part of the action.

However this period away from the game also gives a player time to gather their thoughts and reflect on how they can become a better player.

Oxlade-Chamberlain has the kind of self confidence to do just that and while he was in fine form at the time of his injury, he knows there is another couple of levels he can get to.

The Official site (via The Times) reported Oxlade-Chamberlain as saying:

Of course [I’m capable of better than before],” 

" If I didn’t feel that, there wouldn’t be much point in coming back. I’ve got to believe that’s where I can go to. And I’m going to need to do that to get back into this team.

" I just think I was moving in the right direction. I was becoming more consistent but it was a short spell [of performance] and to be that [top] player you need a long period.”

Ox.jpg

Oxlade-Chamberlain has had a front row seat witnessing the progress of the Reds this season, and his admiration for the performances of his teammates is sky high.

"The biggest thing for me this whole year, and I’ve said it to friends, is that when you’re removed from it you realise how big the pressure is on the boys – pressure to produce really good results, every week, in all types of competitions, in different countries.

"I’d be working hard at the club feeling I’d had a long day, then see the boys in the canteen, just back from a Champions League game in Italy or wherever, with their bags on their backs and they’re off to Bournemouth away.

"When you’re in it, you’re just in it. Removed, you realise how relentless it is. You get to hear the noise and everyone wants wins and wins and wins.

"The Ox" also says the passion of manager Jurgen Klopp is infectious and that ability to get the most out of his players is first class.

“And from the manager I’ve seen, however well the boys have done at the weekend, he’s the same exactly on the Sunday and Monday. He keeps demanding from the players. He keeps them there. You can see how he’s living it himself, the demands he puts on himself and how that oozes out (to everyone).

Recent reports say that the 25 year-old is close to signing a new four-deal deal to remain with the club and it is clear how much Liverpool means to the midfielder.

“Everyone understands what it means to play for Liverpool, what the fans demand – which is just giving your all for the club.

"I’m lucky to play with these boys. 

"It’s not nice to miss out but it hasn’t been ‘bittersweet’, more sweet, really, seeing how well the team has done.”

Keeping with the selfless team bond of this side, Oxlade Chamberlain only has one wish between now and the end of the season.

"The most important thing is I’d love Liverpool to achieve something really special.

"That comes before me."

View full article

Just now, Bad Red Bull said:

Trolling for the sake of it?

Definitely. He is a lucky bastard that Oxlade-Chamberlain and I think we would have smashed City into oblivion with him in the squad. Really unlucky for us and him. But he still has a Little Mix. The handsome bastard.