You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool 5 Huddersfield 0 (Apr 26 2019)

tlw content

dave_usher.jpg

Report by
Dave Usher

To my shame I wasn’t looking forward to this. Not because I thought we might drop points (I knew we’d win easily), but I'd allowed City’s wins over Spurs and United to take the wind out of my title sails. You know what though, fuck all that. I’m not going to let Ben Johnson FC ruin the enjoyment these lads are giving us.

Kloppo’s team have already got more points than any LFC side in history. If they come up short of a title because they’re up against financial dopers breaking every rule in the book, it doesn’t in any way take away from what they’ve done.

I should have been going to Anfield with a spring in my step, but I wasn’t. I left with one though, and I won’t allow myself to be such a big fucking baby again. It’s a pleasure watching this team and should be treated as such, title or no title. I loved this performance, it was great, even if it was one of those ‘third gear will do’ type of games.

I know Huddersfield are crap, but so are plenty of other sides that have come to Anfield over the last 30 years and gone home with a result. It doesn’t happen anymore though, does it? 

I couldn’t even remember the last home game we lost and have had to google it just now. It was the season before last when Benteke got the winner for Palace. In other words, fucking ages ago. If we avoid defeat to Wolves on the final day that’s two entire league seasons without losing at home. Add that to all the other amazing things these lads are doing.

With Barcelona on the horizon Klopp might have been tempted to rest a few, but of the regular starters only Matip and Firmino missed out. Matip was rotated with Lovren as has been the case a few times of late, while Bobby was apparently nursing a slight injury. Hopefully that’s all it is.

Surprisingly, his place went to Sturridge. All I can think of there is that he must have looked better in training than Origi, because I honestly thought we’d seen the last of him starting games. I’d have liked to have seen Shaqiri given the start personally, but in truth Huddersfield are so bad we could have played Mignolet up front and still won.

This is just a teaser, click to view the full article

Please note that Match Reports are only available to website subscribers. Subscriptions cost just £2 a month (you need to register first) and can be purchased here. 

• Upvote 2

• dave u pinned this topic
1 hour ago, Peter Cormack said:

3 headers, Tony Hately in  a uefa cup game, forget who it was against, Köln? In the fog. Visability so bad kop had to ask the Annie Road „who scored“

If Harry Kane reads this post he’ll claim at least two of those. 

• Upvote 3

Great stuff, as ever. Don't know if it came across on tv, but conditions were really not great, very blustery and showery, but despite that we played some excellent football at times. The weather was horrendous at the weekend, and I was hoping it would be a leveller for Burnley. But, of course, the storm abated and the conditions were benign for City. Nevertheless, Guardiola still commented on the dry pitch....... but doesn't get shit from the media like Klopp does whenever he mentions these kind of things.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm really proud of this team and what they have achieved this season. The fact that they might miss out on the title to an atrocious human rights abusing murdering totalitarian oil state is fucking galling it really is.

Etihad city Manchester branch fucking glorified advertisement for an airline bunch of wankers.

• Upvote 2

• dave u unpinned this topic