Paul

MCU Discussion Thread (Contains Spoilers)

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

What If episode 4 is the most enjoyable yet, for me. The animation format really lends itself well to a Dr Strange story.

Agree on the animation style. I wasn’t fussed with the episode itself though. 

Off to see Shang Chi at the IMAX in town this morning. I’ll report back later. 

1 minute ago, Grinch said:

Thought it was the best of the four as well.  Is that the end of what if?

Nah, there's 9 episodes in this run. They're being released weekly.

• Upvote 1

I also thought the Dr Strange one was the best episode of What If...? so far and that the animation suited the character and more fantastical elements really well.

I know this series is being pitched as events that happen in parallel to the main MCU universe and that they're just an anthology of stories but What If... it isn't? Am I overthinking the coincidence between this episode following so soon after the latest Spider-Man trailer, in which, an obviously not himself, Dr Strange is seen to be messing with the fabric of time/space all too easily? Is it possible that the series will have an impact on the MCU beyond just showing the possibilities?

4 hours ago, Karl_b said:

I also thought the Dr Strange one was the best episode of What If...? so far and that the animation suited the character and more fantastical elements really well.

I know this series is being pitched as events that happen in parallel to the main MCU universe and that they're just an anthology of stories but What If... it isn't? Am I overthinking the coincidence between this episode following so soon after the latest Spider-Man trailer, in which, an obviously not himself, Dr Strange is seen to be messing with the fabric of time/space all too easily? Is it possible that the series will have an impact on the MCU beyond just showing the possibilities?

They’ve said it’s canon and confirmed that Captain Carter at least will appear in the flesh at some point in the future. 

Saw Shang Chi and it’s a great origin story. Loads of boss martial arts. Think a couple of the minor characters were undercooked, but I really enjoyed it and the mid and end credit scenes were really good (especially the mid). 

40 minutes ago, Paul said:

They’ve said it’s canon and confirmed that Captain Carter at least will appear in the flesh at some point in the future. 

More Hayley Atwell is always welcome. 

18 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Captain Marvel 2, or The Marvels.  Big rumour here that they were over doing location work here on Scilly for some scenes this week, and we're shortly to get a visit from Larson, SLJ, and Jude Law to film scenes. 

Oooh. You are Scilly.