You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MCU Discussion Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Paul

5 hours ago, Anubis said:

What If episode 4 is the most enjoyable yet, for me. The animation format really lends itself well to a Dr Strange story.

Agree on the animation style. I wasn’t fussed with the episode itself though. 

Off to see Shang Chi at the IMAX in town this morning. I’ll report back later. 

I also thought the Dr Strange one was the best episode of What If...? so far and that the animation suited the character and more fantastical elements really well.

I know this series is being pitched as events that happen in parallel to the main MCU universe and that they're just an anthology of stories but What If... it isn't? Am I overthinking the coincidence between this episode following so soon after the latest Spider-Man trailer, in which, an obviously not himself, Dr Strange is seen to be messing with the fabric of time/space all too easily? Is it possible that the series will have an impact on the MCU beyond just showing the possibilities?

4 hours ago, Karl_b said:

I also thought the Dr Strange one was the best episode of What If...? so far and that the animation suited the character and more fantastical elements really well.

I know this series is being pitched as events that happen in parallel to the main MCU universe and that they're just an anthology of stories but What If... it isn't? Am I overthinking the coincidence between this episode following so soon after the latest Spider-Man trailer, in which, an obviously not himself, Dr Strange is seen to be messing with the fabric of time/space all too easily? Is it possible that the series will have an impact on the MCU beyond just showing the possibilities?

They’ve said it’s canon and confirmed that Captain Carter at least will appear in the flesh at some point in the future. 

Saw Shang Chi and it’s a great origin story. Loads of boss martial arts. Think a couple of the minor characters were undercooked, but I really enjoyed it and the mid and end credit scenes were really good (especially the mid). 

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Colonel Bumcunt said:

Captain Marvel 2, or The Marvels.  Big rumour here that they were over doing location work here on Scilly for some scenes this week, and we're shortly to get a visit from Larson, SLJ, and Jude Law to film scenes. 

Oooh. You are Scilly. 

• 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

Not sure about that voice/accent.

Wouldn’t read too much into that. Isaac’s voice is very different, but the comic version of the character has dissociative identity disorder so the voice could just be one aspect of it.

Just seen the Disney+ trailer which shows more than the above;

Ms Marvel - brief scenes.

Secret Invasion - brief scene.

Announcement banners only….

Echo.

Ironheart.

I Am Groot.

Agatha Harkness: House of Harkness.

Marvel Zombies.

Loki - s2.

What If - s2.

Few scenes from F&TWS but no banner or s2 announcement. Also a couple of animated series - Spider Man and X-Men 77.

The questionable one being Guardians Of The Galaxy Holiday Special…

5 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

Moon Knight sounds good, he was in a good Spider man story years ago when I used to get the comics as a kid.

I'd love, love to see Cox back as Daredevil.

Moon Knight looks like it might be acceptably violent.

2 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

There seems to be an insane amount of superheroes. In the Marvel universe is anybody not superpowered they must be shitting themselves constantly, fuck living in new York in the Marvel universe.

The Olympics must be a major let-down in the Marvel universe.

On 12/11/2021 at 20:12, Section_31 said:

Moon Knight sounds good, he was in a good Spider man story years ago when I used to get the comics as a kid.

I'd love, love to see Cox back as Daredevil.

That’s confirmed. He’s appearing in various upcoming MCU things. 

• Upvote 1