You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

MCU Discussion Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Paul

10 hours ago, George Roper said:

I don't know if they're 're-using' the Hulk models from the movies or have re-done it from the ground up but it looks significantly better than the She-Hulk CG which seems like a problem in a She-Hulk show, it's more green avatar than MCU Hulk.

(I know it's always a shitty thing to complain about)

9 minutes ago, TD_LFC said:

I don't know if they're 're-using' the Hulk models from the movies or have re-done it from the ground up but it looks significantly better than the She-Hulk CG which seems like a problem in a She-Hulk show, it's more green avatar than MCU Hulk.

(I know it's always a shitty thing to complain about)

Got to say, first impressions is that looks a bit crap which is a shame as the girl playing She-Hulk was great in Orphan Black.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, skend04 said:

Ms Marvel, great first episode that. Had that vibe of the first Tom Holland Spiderman and teen coming of age comedies. 

Spot on for me too

A few comparisons with Spider-Man Homecoming and shot really well. 

Really enjoyed the first episode. 

I though Ms Marvel was a fun show.

I have to admit, these shows & the Star Wars shows are a bit much. They are basically 6 hour movies and there is a lot of filler in all of them.

Although I enjoyed it, that Ms Marvel episode should have been achieved in the first 20-ish minutes of a film. 

IMO, they’d be better making straight to Disney Plus movies. 

23 hours ago, Pete said:

Bit burnt out on Marvel TV shows as most have been underwhelming at best.  Seeing these reviews, may give it a go once all episodes are available.

Me too, underwhelming is the new shite.

Hope this new one is as good as the reviews.

Ms Marvel - I thought it was good for the demographic it seems to be aimed at, and cleverly put together, but that isn’t really adult MCU watchers. Although judging by the reactions above maybe I’ve got that completely wrong! The dynamics of trying to square Pakistani culture and Western culture were the most interesting parts for me. The superhero stuff was almost superfluous.

• 2 weeks later...

Ms Marvel - The further it moves away from a Homecoming style friendly neighbourhood story and the bigger it tries to get the less interested I'm getting.

The best parts of the early episodes were her interactions with family and friends irrespective of her powers.

Hey Kevin Feige, we need that connecting thread to latch on to right about now, the MCU is lacking that bit of focus and direction of where it's heading and building up to in phase 4 and beyond.

The first three phases were catapulted into the stratosphere by one line in the first film "I'm here to talk to you about the Avengers Initiative" everyone knew what was happening and where we were headed from that point.

• Upvote 1

Dr Strange 2 was poor

Disappointed with Thor 4

Absolute state of that She Hulk crap.

Moonknight started off great but seriously tailed off into a complete mess. 

Haven't even bothered wih Eternals. 

Shang Chi was excellent. 

Have not started Ms Marvel yet but hearing good things.

Marvel seems to have lost its way since end game and basically killing off the best Character of the entire MCU and possibly the main reason why people loved the franchise so much. Tony Stark and the Iron man films pretty much kicked off the MCU. 

Absolutely zero reason to kill of Stark, get rid of steve rodgers ect. I mean as soon as i saw that arrogant Captain Carter in Dr strange 2 i wanted wander to kill her. 

Also Killing off Wander in Dr Strange 2 was another horrendous mistake. I mean she goes through all that in Wander vison to be killed off in Dr strange 2 with no sight of Vison at all after having his conscious transferred into white vison in the series.

I though Dr Strange 2 was reasonably entertaining and I don’t believe for a second Wanda is dead, but Thor was a massive disappointment, played as an out and out comedy as opposed

to the balance of action and one-liners in previous films.

Ms Marvel is very odd. The superhero bits are almost superfluous to the struggle with culture part of the series, which is very good. After the previous episode which at least did give us a better fight/chase sequence, the latest episode was a damp squib. And is that really how it ends between her and the Jinn?

I agree with TD. Phase 4 is sorely lacking in focus. Even Thor’s post-credit sequence seems like it’s just setting up a potential new prospect for the updated Avengers roster.

27 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Phase 4 is sorely lacking in focus. Even Thor’s post-credit sequence seems like it’s just setting up a potential new prospect for the updated Avengers roster.

There's been two mentions in phase 4 that they're possibly going to use to anchor the universe to but they're so obscure that it's not enough for people to cling to like the mention of the Avengers was.

In the post credits of Shang Chi, Wong, Banner and Cpt Marvel are talking with Shang about the ten rings and say how they pre-date anything they've seen before and that they're emitting a beacon.  In Ms Marvel when they show the flashback of how the Djinn found the bangle on the arm of a Kree (I think it's a Kree) the ten rings are etched into the floor which suggests the Bangle and the Rings share a link.

I think you'll see a young Avengers with Kate Bishop, Iron Heart (or Iron Lad or Iron Patriot), America Chavez, Ms Marvel maybe Wiccan and Speed which all these show's and cameos seem to be leading up to but it's going to be pretty niche.

It's also possible that while we're all expecting Phase 4 to be the start of the next big arc that it's really just the epilogue to phases 1-3 and the reset of the universe which sets everything up for phase 5 and beyond.

They've lost the two big flagpole franchises in Captain America and Iron Man but they have two much bigger franchises they have to weave into the universe in Fantastic 4 and X-Men.

It would make sense for all the multiverse/Kang the conqueror stuff to be wrapped up over a shorter span so they can move away from existing stories and introduce those characters with someone like Dr Doom being the next Thanos level threat.